Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my friend gay?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Now first off I am an in the closet gay guy.

I think a friend of mine in college might be gay. He never talks about women, never seen him with a girl and never see him check out girls.

Another good looking friend of mine is also friends with him. He constantly pokes and messes about with him. It seems very much like flirting! I only noticed it recently and thought that it was a bit odd.

Now I know I'm going to get a bunch of people saying "just ask him" or "its none of your business" but I'm just curious at the possibility because then I could have someone to talk about being gay because I am not really out yet... I feel stupid asking it but it would be weird to go up to him and ask him if he was gay! Prefer to get you guys opinions before I think about it...

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ding-dong

Well, nobody here will be able to tell you. Gay or straight, maybe he'd be a good guy to come out to. Even if he is straight, he seems to value privacy and if the guy is trustworthy, what have you got to lose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Do you fancy him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

None of us can say one way or the other considering we don't know the guy, but I wouldn't classify poking and messing with someone as a big tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Dwn Wth Vwls

You could just come out? You're in college, what better time or place? Then you'd have lots of people to talk to about it, you can go gay social things, and you won't have time to wonder if two guys poking each other means one of them is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

You could just come out? You're in college, what better time or place? Then you'd have lots of people to talk to about it, you can go gay social things, and you won't have time to wonder if two guys poking each other means one of them is gay.

+1 especially if you're in a college that des not involve you living with your parents. I came out in college, only to discover that a lot of my friends weren't straight either.

College is the most comfortable LGBT place you'll find.

• Advertisement
Advertisement