Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Arsenal [Match Thread]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

^^^Yeah. Terrific save there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Same again now against Chelsea please Spurs.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Go on you Danish beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

game on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The Chosen one, **** yeah, who else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Gomes just taking the piss tbh.

Still, 2-1, be a laugh now to get a draw and screw Spurs. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Rvp has been unreal since hes come on, gomes having one of them days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

81% possession to Arsenal in the last 10 mins :eek:

Goal kick? LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

how is that not a corner FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

RVP! Good save. Arsenal flowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

amacachi wrote: »
    Goal kick? LOL.
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    how is that not a corner FFS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Between that and the farce at Stamford Bridge last night nothing surprises me anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

How awesome has van persie been in the 10 mins since he's been on?

You'd have to wonder how Arsenal would be doing if they'd had him the last 5 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

RVP is phenomenal.

he stays fit all season, or even for an extra month, Arsenal are champions.

SlickRic wrote: »
    RVP is phenomenal.

he stays fit all season, or even for an extra month, Arsenal are champions.

Same can be said for United and Rooney tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Arsenal guaranteed to score.

Archimedes wrote: »

Yeah, I think they've been out for about the same amount of matches this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Surely Spurs can't f*ck a 2-0 lead up?

you've not missed Rooney for a fraction of the time Arsenal have missed VP though.

5 months versus, what, maybe a month in all?

• Advertisement

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Arsenal guaranteed to score.

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sol still has it

thought he was brilliant tonight

Headshot wrote: »
    sol still has it

thought he was brilliant tonight

Aye, he's been one of our better players since he signed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

No.

Your right, im wrong. Im glad to be wrong:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

you've not missed Rooney for a fraction of the time Arsenal have missed Rooney though.

The Two Rooneys, great guys.

****ing useless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Well done spurs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Arsenal were woeful. They really lacked the spark until RVP came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Sol has done enough to get another a year imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Arsenal fans, you had Silvestre and Campbell playing for most of the match, how much of an overhaul does your defence need? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

you've not missed Rooney for a fraction of the time Arsenal have missed VP though.

and arsenal didn't have their entire defence out injured for a decent amount of time, and their first choice keeper.

United have had to deal with injuries as much, if not more so, than anyone else.

• Advertisement

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Arsenal were woeful. They really lacked the spark until RVP came on.

Well, up until that point we were missing our 6 best players. Cesc, Arshavin, Gallas, Song, Vermaelen (well, maybe that's harsh on Clichy and Sagna). And most would have a fit Ramsey ahead of Denilson and Diaby these days days...

While I'm pissed off a the lack of effort and desire of those on the field, I was kind of expecting it to end up like this. We are running on empty really.

Yeah, I think they've been out for about the same amount of matches this season.

Arsenal were hardly setting the league ablaze when RVP was fit though? They have to cope with injuries much like everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

and arsenal didn't have their entire defence out injured for a decent amount of time, and their first choice keeper.

United have had to deal with injuries as much, if not more so, than anyone else.

not a chance,arsenal have had the worst injuries than any other team,the stats are there to see,at 1 stage arsenal had 14 players out while united had 12.

gallas has been out for 3 months,he is our top choice defender.united have much better depth in defence,all united really missed was rio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Arsenal were hardly setting the league ablaze when RVP was fit though? They have to cope with injuries much like everyone else.
    Arsenal have scored only 1.77 goals per league game since Van Persie got injured. They scored 3.26 before his injury.

Come back when you know what you are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

ha ha they were 2nd when he got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Van Persie had 7 goals and 7 assists in 11 games!

Think we've run out of steam at this stage, Spurs defended well. Oh how i missed RvP, pure class.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

In fairness, relying on RVP to stay fit for a whole season is a bit foolish

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If's but's and maybe's. Bottom line is RVP has been injured for most of the season, no point saying where Arsenal would be if he was fit because he wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ohhh only if RVP was fit........ :rolleyes:

Johner wrote: »
    If's but's and maybe's. Bottom line is RVP has been injured for most of the season, no point saying where Arsenal would be if he was fit because he wasn't.

That's fair enough but comparing it to Rooney missing a game or two is absolutely ridiculous. And while Arsenal haven't had their entire defence missing at the same time, our first three left backs were all missing at one point and even just tonight the entire spine of the team was decimated.

• Advertisement

eh... do you not remember the start of the season? Arsenal were playing the best football in the league my miles, the thrashing of Everton, Wolves, Portsmouth... heck we should have easily beaten ye at Old Trafford but for Diaby forgot what way he was playing. We were scoring goals for fun, a few of the usual defensive lapses cost us points like at United, City, WHU, but overall the team were playing much more fluid and much more cohesively than they are now. And scoring goals for fun, we were still top of league scoring charts til Chelsea's recently started thrashing teams themselves.

RVP has a very good goal scoring record (just under 1 goal in every 2 matches in the league) but he also contributes the same again in terms of assists... he'd be right up there with Cesc in the charts had he stayed fit for longer. He was what made the 4-3-3 work tbh, Bendtner is a good foward and will get you goals but his link up play isn't anywhere near RVP.

i'm pretty sure i didn't argue either of these points.

but merely that Arsenal with VP fit for longer this season would IMO be champions. it's a pointless hypothesis, but a harmless one nonetheless.

of course they have to cope with injuries, which they haven't done sufficiently it seems to win the league, so they don't deserve it, just like Utd and Chelsea won't if they don't win it.

i never said anything to the contrary; and never even thought about injury crises, the only purpose was to merely state how good, and important RVP is for Arsenal.

you guys should be delighted with that result; not waiting to pounce on pretty innocent comments.

playa3 wrote: »
    That's fair enough but comparing it to Rooney missing a game or two is absolutely ridiculous. And while Arsenal haven't had their entire defence missing at the same time, our first three left backs were all missing at one point and even just tonight the entire spine of the team was decimated.

Oh ffs I wasn't comparing their injuries, I was comparing their respective team's reliance on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was in work so could only catch glimpses of the game by running into the pub next door.

What happened Vermaelen that he had to be taken off?

RVP must still be wondering how he didn't score, some of those Gomes saves were unreal. The one from Campbell too.

Oh ffs I wasn't comparing their injuries, I was comparing their respective team's reliance on them.

Ah alright so, that's fair enough.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was in work so could only catch glimpses of the game by running into the pub next door.

What happened Vermaelen that he had to be taken off?

RVP must still be wondering how he didn't score, some of those Gomes saves were unreal. The one from Campbell too.

Looked like another calf injury for Vermaelen, was just jogging and it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

RVP was just great to watch, really shows what we are missing. Looks like we will be going for 3/2nd for man u. Just hope the players have the hope to beat them man u!!!!

eh... do you not remember the start of the season? Arsenal were playing the best football in the league my miles, the thrashing of Everton, Wolves, Portsmouth... heck we should have easily beaten ye at Old Trafford but for Diaby forgot what way he was playing. We were scoring goals for fun, a few of the usual defensive lapses cost us points like at United, City, WHU, but overall the team were playing much more fluid and much more cohesively than they are now. And scoring goals for fun, we were still top of league scoring charts til Chelsea's recently started thrashing teams themselves.

RVP has a very good goal scoring record (just under 1 goal in every 2 matches in the league) but he also contributes the same again in terms of assists... he'd be right up there with Cesc in the charts had he stayed fit for longer. He was what made the 4-3-3 work tbh, Bendtner is a good foward and will get you goals but his link up play isn't anywhere near RVP.

Im not berating RVP, I love the guy. Fantastic striker. But everyone's saying Arsenal would have won the league had he stayed fit. Sure imagine Chelsea had Essien been fit. Imagine United had we some stability in a injury decimated backline. Yeah ye were performing better with him in the team, and he looked good again tonight but to say ye would have won the league is a bit optimistic. Arsenal havent won a Premier League with RVP in their team yet, to claim different this year is clutching at straws. There are far more obvious reasons than RVP's absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

As a Spurs fan, I think we were very lucky to get the win. Gomez was excellent, and Bale and Modric had a great game. Modric and Assou-Ekotto were very good, and the two centre-halves were excellent.

My only problem is, why can't we play like that away to Sunderland? We need to try to have the same type of fight in all games, that's what separates us from a lot of teams: the winning mentality.

Still, Come on you Spurs!

• Advertisement

i'm pretty sure i didn't argue either of these points.

but merely that Arsenal with VP fit for longer this season would IMO be champions. it's a pointless hypothesis, but a harmless one nonetheless.

of course they have to cope with injuries, which they haven't done sufficiently it seems to win the league, so they don't deserve it, just like Utd and Chelsea won't if they don't win it.

i never said anything to the contrary; and never even thought about injury crises, the only purpose was to merely state how good, and important RVP is for Arsenal.

you guys should be delighted with that result; not waiting to pounce on pretty innocent comments.

Calm down Ric, no need to play the victim card. Of course Im delighted with the result. Im just saying that to say Arsenal would have won the league if RVP were fit is incredibly naive. Like I said, there are far more obvious reasons other than his absence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement