Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs v Arsenal [Match Thread]

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

amacachi wrote: »
    It was a freak goal and a great strike, but there is no reason whatsoever why Almunia should have punched it in the first place. And that's ignoring him letting it straight through his hands afterwards.

Can't believe i'm doing this, but in defense of Almunia there was two players in his eye line when Rose struck the ball. He couldn't see it and only reacted at the last second to try save it. I went ape blaming him when it went in but after watching the goal alot of times i've realised i was wrong and there's not much he could do about saving it bar not punching it out in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

What a game and what a result! Recorded it and stayed up late to watch it then couldn't go to sleep for an hour afterwards. Chuffed with the performance, particularly after Sunday.

I thought Almunia's punch was a decent one. Sure the argument is there that he should've caught it, but he punched it nearly 30 yards away from goal - how many times is somebody going to put the ball in the net straight after that? As x PyRo mentioned, he was also blinded by some of his own players. What a strike though - up there for goal of the season.

Overall I thought Arsenal played us off the park in the middle of the pitch for most of the match - they just couldn't get through our defence. At times it was as if Spurs were the away team with 10/11 men behind the ball. Still, the tactics worked and we got the result we badly needed. A special mention to Gomes who was absolutely brilliant once Van Persie came on (who was also brilliant). Let's see what happens with Chelsea on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The atmosphere was electric I hope we don't loose that with the new stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The atmosphere was electric I hope we don't loose that with the new stadium

It was, although I was a bit surprised to hear Alan Parry say "what an atmosphere we have at the Lane tonight" right in the middle of a chorus of that vile Wenger chant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

keano_afc wrote: »
    It was, although I was a bit surprised to hear Alan Parry say "what an atmosphere we have at the Lane tonight" right in the middle of a chorus of that vile Wenger chant.

Yes some peoples timing is extradinarily bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

amacachi wrote: »
    Sounds like you're making an excuse. Why are you making an excuse? How do you know what would happen? Oh no wait, that's just your opinion

Of course it's my opinion. The sentence began with "In my opinion". What's the problem here? Do you get a thrill out of pointing out what's already been pointed out or something? Read a sentence properly ffs.
    amacachi wrote:
    Do you not like others having an opinion? Christ, all anyone's saying is that injuries have cost us big time, which they have, and have done to other clubs. But statistically we've been worst hit. I don't think any Arsenal fan on here thinks that Almunia should be near a football pitch for us. But then again, that's just an excuse for why we won't win the league. Typical Arsenal eh?

a) You're the one pouncing on me for what I clearly stated was my opinion, so it's quite clear that you're the one who doesn't like others having an opinion.

b) I didn't say injuries haven't cost you big time. I've been quite clear in that I agree they have. I was just expressing my opinion that they're not the deciding factor between Arsenal winning the league, and Arsenal not winning the league. Heck this wasn't even a discussion on the effect of all your injuries, it all stemmed from me disagreeing that Arsenal would have the league won if not solely for RVP's injury.

c) I'm glad Arsenal fans dont want Almunia in goal. I never claimed they did, but thanks for bolstering my faith in humanity. He's shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

The ball looked way too high to me to catch !!!
    I initially said he should've caught it but on watching the replay thought it was a bit high

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah his punching accuracy at 30 yards is terrible.

Cop on. Seriously. Know a freak goal when you see one.

Sorry. I meant the shot was straight at him. Shouldn't have punched it to begin with and still should have saved the shot anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

:D *beaming*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Congratulations to the merchandise/marketing departments on a job well done.

In other news, it's nice that Arsenal fans have the time to keep an eye on our club shop now that their season is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

In other news, it's nice that Arsenal fans have the time to keep an eye on our club shop now that their season is over.

When did the Premiership stop at 34 games? :pac:

Didnt yours finish 3 days earlier?

keano_afc wrote: »
    Didnt yours finish 3 days earlier?

No, we have something to play for.

Would you like me to get you a copy of the DVD? I can get 10% off at the Bolton game.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd take him up on the offer keano. A Spurs win over Arsenal; it'll be a collectors item in 10 years time.

• Advertisement

I'd take him up on the offer keano. A Spurs win over Arsenal; it'll be a collectors item in 10 years time.

True.

It'll be up there with recent examples of Arsenal winners' medals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

oh no you didnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

It'll be up there with recent examples of Arsenal winners' medals.

Cause Spurs have so many!

No sh1t Sherlock!

/slow handclap

cry14su.jpg

Why's she crying?

Just been given this:

pledge.jpg

And told to polish your trophy cabinet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Yes, we're all so jealous that Spurs have been far more successful than us in the last 5 years!

I actually don't mind Spurs at all and wanted them to get 4th but, it's fans like you that make me hope City do it, regardless of the implications it may mean for us!

• Advertisement

I like pictures. They are easier to understand than big words!

jasonorr wrote: »
    Yes, we're all so jealous that Spurs have been far more successful than us in the last 5 years!

I actually don't mind Spurs at all and wanted them to get 4th but, it's fans like you that make me hope City do it, regardless of the implications it may mean for us!

Fans like me?

I made one post on this thread before the usual "when's the DVD out" sh1te from your fellow Goons started, so I am only responding to the petty whining and bitterness I've encountered on here.

Maybe when your own wind their necks in you won't encounter response like mine?

Just a thought.

Paleface wrote: »
    I like pictures. They are easier to understand than big words!

I even made sure they were coloured in for you, I knew you'd struggle to stay inside the lines.

Considerate is my middle name.

Fans like me?

I made one post on this thread before the usual "when's the DVD out" sh1te from your fellow Goons started, so I am only responding to the petty whining and bitterness I've encountered on here.

Maybe when your own wind their necks in you won't encounter response like mine?

Just a thought.

They were right though, they did make a DVD. Maybe your comments are more reactionary than anything else but, you should be bigger than that! You don't see me thanking any of their posts so, calling them "my own" maybe implies that I approve of such goading...which I don't!

jason, step away from the keyboard and count back to ten!

I can understand tlr getting sick of the DVD gag as it was well worn out... but Spurs did actually release one this time. Stick is very much merited.

They were right though, they did make a DVD.

Nothing I've said is untrue, is it?

The only reason anyone would mention DVDs is to slag us off, so people should expect the same back. If you don't like it, avoid the thread. There's fúck all match discussion going on in it...

Yeah, maybe you're right. A dvd was expected though.

Nothing I've said is untrue, is it?

The only reason anyone would mention DVDs is to slag us off, so people should expect the same back. If you don't like it, avoid the thread. There's fúck all match discussion going on in it...

It's not that they don't expect a bit back, it's just as a Spurs fan you're not really in a position to come back with much. You say our trophy cabinet is bare? We've more in there than ye do. Maybe you mean in recent times? I'll take finishing second in the champions league over winning the league cup any day! You say our season is over and yours isn't, yet ye're fighting for a place (for the first time) in a competition that we've been in every season since Wenger took over and will do so again this season. Like I said your retorts were reactionary but, unless you actually have something better to come back with, just leave it!

It's not that they don't expect a bit back, it's just as a Spurs fan you're not really in a position to come back with much. You say our trophy cabinet is bare? We've more in there than ye do. Maybe you mean in recent times? I'll take finishing second in the champions league over winning the league cup any day! You say our season is over and yours isn't, yet ye're fighting for a place (for the first time) in a competition that we've been in every season since Wenger took over and will do so again this season. Like I said your retorts were reactionary but, unless you actually have something better to come back with, just leave it!

Quite simply, no.

If you have a problem with that you're welcome to join the rest of the Goon circle jerk and launch into one at me, otherwise step away from the whole thing.

It's called a bit of slagging, and if you're too precious to take that then maybe football isn't your thing after all.

Quite simply, no.

If you have a problem with that you're welcome to join the rest of the Goon circle jerk and launch into one at me, otherwise step away from the whole thing.

It's called a bit of slagging, and if you're too precious to take that then maybe football isn't your thing after all.

I can give and take a bit of slagging, you got a bit but didn't make a very good attempt at giving it. These are retorts I've heard numerous times from United fans where they do actually sting a bit. Just not from a Spurs fan. Anyway, this is where I bow out. No interest in this thread any more!

• Advertisement

I can give and take a bit of slagging, you got a bit but didn't make a very good attempt at giving it. These are retorts I've heard numerous times from United fans where they do actually sting a bit. Just not from a Spurs fan. Anyway, this is where I bow out. No interest in this thread any more!

Your message appears to be that that "lowly" clubs like Spurs should know their place and keep themselves to themselves while the big boys slug it out.

I suggest you untwist your panties before you do yourself a mischief.

Bye now.

Jesus, a spurs fan slagging an Arsenal fan about lack of silverware.

I've seen it all now.

Your message appears to be that that "lowly" clubs like Spurs should know their place and keep themselves to themselves while the big boys slug it out.

I suggest you untwist your panties before you do yourself a mischief.

Bye now.

Your deductive reasoning is way off the mark.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Jesus, a spurs fan slagging an Arsenal fan about lack of silverware.

I've seen it all now.

How's that league challenge going for you lot?

And Jase old son, I thought you were finished with the thread ;)

Your powers of perception are way off the mark.

I think he's just way off the mark in general!

How's that league challenge going for you lot?

And Jase old son, I thought you were finished with the thread ;)

You're an idiot, I am now!

cson wrote: »

Nope.

Question for you: do you really want to draw attention to how all you have to look forward to is finishing ahead of Spurs in the league?

You're an idiot, I am now!

Haha, think you might be done for a while.

Bye now.

• Advertisement

Nope.

Question for you: do you really want to draw attention to how all you have to look forward to is finishing ahead of Spurs in the league?

Couldn't give a ****e to be honest. The Tiny Tots are the local rivals and anything we get up on them is worth celebrating. Same goes for yourselves too; I'm sure that DVD will be a bestseller.

You can bleat on about this trophies nonsense til the cows come home but it'll always be pot-kettle-black. Unless you infer that we should be winning more trophies because we're a bigger club than Spurs? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Arsenal are teh bestest.

Spurs suck.

You can bleat on about this trophies nonsense til the cows come home but it'll always be pot-kettle-black. Unless you infer that we should be winning more trophies because we're a bigger club than Spurs? ;)

No, simply inferring it's been five years since you won anything.

Janey, what did I start? :)

When's the last time you won anything more significant than the Kiddies Cup etc etc etc.

We could go on for hours to be honest but I wouldn't give a spud like yourself the pleasure tro. You surprise me to be honest, because you're generally an insightful poster by and large and one that I thought would have been above this petty ****e. I lowered myself to it as well but then again I am a Goon aren't I? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Was wondering why this thread was so busy ;)

• Advertisement

We could go on for hours to be honest but I wouldn't give a spud like yourself the pleasure tro. You surprise me to be honest, because you're generally an insightful poster by and large and one that I thought would have been above this petty ****e. I lowered myself to it as well but then again I am a Goon aren't I? :pac:

I lowered myself to the level of others, when the discussion raises itself to an adult level again I will return to normal service.

Not having petty sh1te slung at us without reply.

p.s. football is all about winning, nobody remembers 2nd place ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

To be fair not that important what arsenal have won. Arsenal were absolutely awful to watch under Graham and even before that. Wenger has transformed them into one of the most attractive teams on this planet.

You're all coming across as a bunch of big girls blouses.

Wenger has transformed them into one of the most attractive teams on this planet.

Do they award medals for that? ;)

You're all coming across as a bunch of big girls blouses.

Yore ma will be coming across to mine tonight with her big girls blouse. :p

/close thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement