Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp Duty

Options
  • 14-04-2010 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a site to build a house. I am a first time buyer. I know that I am liable for stamp duty when buying a site. The thing is the site I am looking at has a dwelling on it that is habitable. I plan to completely demolish the house though and rebuild. So am I buying a site and liable to stamp duty or am a buying a house and not liable as a FTB?

Any knowledgeable thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Hi there,

I am thinking of buying a site to build a house. I am a first time buyer. I know that I am liable for stamp duty when buying a site. The thing is the site I am looking at has a dwelling on it that is habitable. I plan to completely demolish the house though and rebuild. So am I buying a site and liable to stamp duty or am a buying a house and not liable as a FTB?

Any knowledgeable thoughts?

If there is a habitable dwelling house on the site you are buying, then you are buying a house, where is the problem there? what you do with it afterwards is your own business, imo.

Stamp duty questions are for solicitors though and as such should not be addressed in any detail here.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,004 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The guys in the Accommodation & Property forum will answer your query.

Moved from C & P.

Advertisement