Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor activities group for 20's-30's - Cork/Munster - anyone?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Following on from posting this under the hiking group for younger people thread, I've decided to post it seperately to gauge interest. I was only thinking about this the other day whilst going up Galtymore. I'm considering setting up some kind of group, based in Cork/Munster for say 20's-30's to do stuff outdoorsy...not just hiking...
    • Hillwalking
    • Mountaineering
    • Camping
    • Kayaking
    • Surfing
    • Scuba diving
    • Cycling
    • Photography
    • Other water based sports/activities
    • Fishing

etc etc... I'm personally up for trying most things, it's getting a few people together to do it is the problem!

Would anybody be interested in something like this? What other activities could we add to the list? Looking forward to hearing some ideas and hopefully some interest!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i think its really good idea but unfortunately im in dublin so no use to you but hope it goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

interested in this group if it get going, I do alot of the stuff on the list but not enough of it as don't have people to go with.
    I'm an hour from cork city, let me know how it goes, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

would also be interested in this,sounds great...how about caving also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

yep, caving is definitely something I'd like to try. Will see if we get a few more interested and we'll start organising things then!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fluffysierra

Sounds good to me, I'm about 20 minutes from Cork city

• Advertisement

Really hope this goes ahead:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

hey coolmoose, i posted a reply to you in that "other thread" + sent pm :)

ps caving is a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Would be up for this too but work most weekends :( Living in cork city.
    You should post this in the cork forum op I'd say you'd find a few takers.

Ya why not cover the munster region,post it in limerick/clare forum too...caving could be done in the burren if people were willing to travel:)
    done it once there twas good fun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

interested and based in limerick....

did you count me in, coolmoose?

yep, your all counted in lads don't worry! waiting for a few others to get back to me outside boards and we'll organise something then...thinking 2-3 weeks time.

perfect, im already excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Count me in also, Im from Dublin but spend a lot of time down around West Limerick and that so might be down that direction if you are doing something :-)

Let me know,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Definitly interested and PM sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deirdre6

Count me in too, Getting in shape at the mo so would really enjoy all outdoor activity:) based in west cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Yup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

sorry to butt in gents. but i was just wondering is there anywhere near enough to dublin where one might do some caving?

foolelle wrote: »
    sorry to butt in gents. but i was just wondering is there anywhere near enough to dublin where one might do some caving?

sorry can't help foolelle...start a new thread please as we want to keep this one for it's original purpose. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

charming

charming

well i answered your question...and can't help. If you started a new thread with your question people who may be able to help you might answer - they mightn't be looking at this thread as it's to do with Cork/Munster.

And threadjacking isn't "charming" either. Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Sounds like a good idea, im not in that part of the country though. You might want to post it on the cork surf forum also: http://www.corksurf.com/

right we have about 20 interested between boards and real-life ( :) ), so im thinking either caving/dinner/pub or a hillwalk/dinner/pub thing in 2-3 weeks time, weather permitting?

anyone have contacts for caving lessons in clare?

i'm heading down the reeks myself next week anyway if anyone is interested in tagging along (prob carrauntohill and caher).

coolmoose wrote: »
    right we have about 20 interested between boards and real-life ( :) ), so im thinking either caving/dinner/pub or a hillwalk/dinner/pub thing in 2-3 weeks time, weather permitting?

anyone have contacts for caving lessons in clare?

i'm heading down the reeks myself next week anyway if anyone is interested in tagging along (prob carrauntohill and caher).

Hi Coolmoose,

http://clarecavingclub.wikispaces.com/Contact+Us

it says the best way to contact them is to leave a message on their message board,thats all i could find on google you may come up with something else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

charming

I suggest you read the forum charter. Also, hijacking threads is a no-no on boards.ie, if you have a question then start a new thread. And be polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

Sorry to get in late, I'm in Clare area, don't know any caving experts so i'm just another number if thats ok ...

hi,any update guys? :)

swamped under with work at the mo, hoping to organise something v soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 alanh82

Hi there,

I'd be well up for something like this as well if ye get something going. I'm based in Cork.

Advertisement