Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor activities group for 20's-30's - Cork/Munster - anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Hey Gang,

Keep me in mind if you're planning anything, would love to do more hillwalking, hiking stuff in general.

Myself and a buddy are doing this next weekend if anyone's interested:

http://www.mudrun.ie/

Looks like a good laugh and sure it's something different aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

any updates or ideas in the pipeline?

is there anyone else free mid week to do something?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

I have loads of ideas and no free time at the moment! Don't let that stop ye from organising something! I will definitely get around to arranging something soon...promise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Hey guy's, I'm' also very interested in this. I live in North Tipp and have only recently started hilwalking(Did Galtymore, Lugnaquilla and a few others). Currently unemployed so would have the time if you need help organising things.
    Maybe we could startup a facebook group.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MushGSXR

Id be interested in this too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dmcc1987

theirs loads of things to do down in kenmare co.kerry at staroutdoors waterskiing, wakeboarding,tubing,kayaking, canoeing, sailing, hillwalking, archery, raft building and loads of other stuff :)

^ stop with the spam willya!

So guys, do you want to do something either this weekend or next weekend? We could start with something simple, I know the weather is far from ideal at the moment.
    I'd like to reach the peak of Galtymore again but if anyone has other ideas I would be up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

how many could we round up for next wknd?

clarelad wrote: »
    how many could we round up for next wknd?

I'm available for next weekend anyway. Just once I don't have to drive more than 100km to get to whatever activity it might be.

• Advertisement

I think we need to re-evaluate this. Is anyone still interested?

i'm still adamant i'm going to organise something, just with work at the moment not a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Maybe someone else who is interested, but not as busy as coolmoose, can take the reins for a bit and organise something (until Coolmoose has more freetime). There is surely a good few people on here still interested in this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭clarelad

id like to but wouldnt know where to start :)

Is this idea completely dead? I'm still very interested and willing to help organise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Miss_Ellie

I LOVE this idea....and would also be interested in joining....and willing to help/organise/whatever.

With Spring around the corner the timing couldn't be better to get out there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

This is a great idea but is anything happening with it? I would be very interested in it also!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

How about kicking something off on a Sunday in Feb in the MacGillycuddy Reeks? Not Carrauntoohil, but something well do-able for anyone and atmospheric. What do you think?

I thought we'd all be out canvassing and politican watching during February??!!?? :D
    That could be another persuit to add to the list....instead of bird watching.

Hi all,

Following on from another thread in Outdoor Pursuits a group of us got together to go hiking.

We held our inaugural hike yesterday in the beautiful Glenstal near Murroe, Co. Limerick.

We would really like to incorperate other activities too....not just hiking.....so if anyone would like to join and suggest other pursuits then click on the link to our Facebook page.....or look us up under Hiking Ireland on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1686816663597#!/home.php?sk=group_126169284115171&ap=1

ME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

novarapid wrote: »
    interested in this group if it get going, I do alot of the stuff on the list but not enough of it as don't have people to go with.
    I'm an hour from cork city, let me know how it goes, thanks

Hi also interested.... though this post is a while ago....
    am 33 just moved to cork, and even before that I'd have the interest but not the people to go with etc...
    would love to meet other people into things other than clubbing and drinking....

d

Advertisement