Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone sync issue

• 14-04-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for a little advice.

I'm on upto 24mb with vodafone and have always been told I'll only get 12.5mb.
    This was fine and from the start I always synced at 12.5
    Nearly 2 weeks ago I noticed my spped slow down and check to see what the router was syncing at, it was 9.5mb

I rang tech support and the guy was really helpful. He said he'd have the profile changed to 12.5mb again. I enquired that when I check web sites it tells me my line can take 17mb and between us and his supervisor we agreed that we'd try 14mb to see how I get on. But he said that as it was Thursday before Easter and it would be good Friday before it kicks in that there would be no chance to reset it to 12.5mb until after the bank holiday should the line crash under the 14.5mb profile. I was happy enough with this.
    On the Tuesday Easter the profile still hadn't changed!!!!
    I rang back and got the guy again, he said itll take 48hrs as there was a mistake nade in the request. I was still happy enough.

This week on Tuesday morning nothin had happened yet and tech support put you through to the dept that changes profiles. This new guy said fine we'll try 14mb and if that works we'll then try 16mb.
    I rang back Weds and a girl said she spoke to the guy I had spoken to on Tuesday and he asked her to pass the message to me that he looked at the line and decided it can't take more than I'm on and they won't change it as the line will crash.
    It was only afterwards that I realised that's what I wanted to experience so I knew I was on the highest profile possible, so should I have kicked up a stink over them stringing me along?
    I'm currently syncing at 10.5mb too so I'm not even getting the 12.5mb!!!!

Broadband Line Status

Line Mode ADSL2+ Line State Show Time
    Line Power State L0 Line Up Time 00:12:00:38
    Line Coding Trellis On Line Up Count 3

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 10552 Kbps 670 Kbps
    Noise Margin 14.3 dB 23.4 dB
    Line Attenuation 27.5 dB 12.6 dB
    Output Power 12.4 dBm 19.2 dBm

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

jarvis wrote: »

Broadband Line Status

Line Mode ADSL2+ Line State Show Time
    Line Power State L0 Line Up Time 00:12:00:38
    Line Coding Trellis On Line Up Count 3

Statistics Downstream Upstream
    Line Rate 10552 Kbps 670 Kbps
    Noise Margin 14.3 dB 23.4 dB
    Line Attenuation 27.5 dB 12.6 dB
    Output Power 12.4 dBm 19.2 dBm

Thanks

Your line can certainly take more than that. It can do 13000 kbps certainly, maybe 14000 or more with not so much comfort. I'd go over to the "Talk to Vodafone" forum here on boards and kick up about it over there. They've been spinning you a yarn with that

Advertisement