Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a Sunroom

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, Can anybody give me an idea of how much it would cost to build a sunroom onto the kitchen of a house? I am talking about a room which would be similar in size to a regular sitting room.

I would be looking to put blocks up about 4 feet and then have glass around the remainder.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Vipermax55

We built a sunroom and extension onto both sides of our house about a year ago . I would think the sunroom part cost about 25 to 30k for a 5.5 x 5 meter sunroom same type of construction as you detail below . This was a contractor price

Regards

Hi, Can anybody give me an idea of how much it would cost to build a sunroom onto the kitchen of a house? I am talking about a room which would be similar in size to a regular sitting room.

I would be looking to put blocks up about 4 feet and then have glass around the remainder.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

We were going to put on a side extension and got quoted between €17000 and €35000 for it. I then thought putting a single story 40 sq meter sunroom at the back to make a large living area might work out cheaper but the 1st quote I got was for about €45000. The same guy quoted me €25000 for doing the side extension(2 story). How can a single floor, single room cost twice as much as a 2 story building of similar size? The sunroom would create a beautiful living space where as the extension would simply create a generic side extension with very little character.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

We were going to put on a side extension and got quoted between €17000 and €35000 for it. I then thought putting a single story 40 sq meter sunroom at the back to make a large living area might work out cheaper but the 1st quote I got was for about €45000. The same guy quoted me €25000 for doing the side extension(2 story). How can a single floor, single room cost twice as much as a 2 story building of similar size? The sunroom would create a beautiful living space where as the extension would simply create a generic side extension with very little character.
    From memory I think you are in Donegal and really and truly, for 40 m2, you should be looking at prices in the region of €30k

Advertisement