Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog Ate My Garmin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did your dog have the runs after eating it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

At least you'll be able to track where he has been :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eilswen1

I know...and to think I was using it to bring her on long runs. Sometimes I think she doesn't think before chewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,520 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You should have bought the 308, which is dog-proof to DPX7 (can remain in a dog's mouth for up to 15 minutes). There is a known issue with the heart rate monitor though, which acts erratically due to static electricity caused by the dog's fur. Garmin recommends that you should shave your dog, and apply washing up liquid to his/her skin before fitting the heart rate monitor.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

thats bizzare-happened to me too!! although didn't actually eat it-just chewed to bits........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

It may just be a cracked screen - have you tried sending it back to see if it can be fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭devotional1993

It may just be a cracked screen - have you tried sending it back to see if it can be fixed?

yeah got it replaced for free off a "decent skin" within the garmin fratrrnity:)

I'll try sending it back and see how I go. :)

The lovely people at Garmin have replaced my watch. I had to pay €50 but got a whole new/reconditioned unit in perfect working order. Thanks Garmin.

Garmin 1: Lex the Dog 0
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Lol so sorry to hear about your Garmin!!

Thats so irritating!!

I was actually just wondering if you all would recommend the Garmin?!

I have just recently got into jogging, and I hear the Garmin is a great tool to have for everything from measuring distance to measuring your presise speed etc.

It does come with a hefty price tag though, so I wonder if it is worth it for the novice like me?

Does anyone know of somewhere I can buy it cheaply (in west) or online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I have a 305 and I like it, but it is pricy.
    The main thing I like about it is that I can go for a run with only a vague idea of where I'm going, and know how far I've run. Last weekend I ran to Phoenix Park, not sure of the exact route, and took a couple of wrong turns. A couple of weeks before, I ran around my local park (Tymon), wanering around different paths, with no real plan of where I'd go, just the distance I wanted to cover.
    If I'd had to come home and plot out the distances on mapmyrun, it would have been a pain in the arse, and I'd have stuck more to plain and simple routes that were easy to map afterwards. (And then might have had a nasty surprise when I calculated my pace) With the Garmin on, I could just run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Love my garmin. I think it's great. There's a good few threads on them if you do a search.

I think it's definitely worth it - for exactly the same reasons as Raycun
    The main thing I like about it is that I can go for a run with only a vague idea of where I'm going, and know how far I've run. Last weekend I ran to Phoenix Park, not sure of the exact route, and took a couple of wrong turns.

You can get a 305 on Pixmania for about 150 Euros.

My advice is what you get keep it on a shelf!

Advertisement