Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something strange past

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭

A strange animal passed through our garden this morning unfortunately by the time I got the camera out it was gone, and then I had to go to work. Both myself and my wife and the dog saw it. It was brown about the size of a fox and brown but looked like this
    Wild20Boar_8.jpg

Is it possible to have wild boar in Ireland. we live about 3 miles from Ballinasloe. BTW it was definitely not a fox, cat or dog as it was only about 15 feet from the house and went through the hedge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Wow!!! Sounds cool... you should ask around your area and see if anyone has seen anything similar. A farmer might be your best bet, they've been roaming the fields at all hours helping their sheep to lamb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Wild boars are meant to be extinct in Ireland. Or so says the wild boar monument in Kanturk (Ceann Toirc, head of the boar, they killed the last wild boar in Ireland :eek:)

But how would they know it was the last one?

Advertisement