Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant rempve glass from oven light to replace bulb

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok, so I know I am most probably stupid; We have a a zanussi slot in cooker with 2 ovens and its about 7 years old. The bulb is gone in the oven and I can't work out how to remove the glass cover to replace the bulb....any suggestions? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

some are accessed from behind and some have to remove glass from front.put towel over glass and twist(anticlockwise) with both hands if possible.if glass is tight heat up the oven for a while and try that again..turn power off to be safe.

any model number

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

most manufacturers us either a 15/25 watt ses pigmy or a the same in a golf ball lamp.they are rated for 300 degrees so a normal golf ball or pigmy wont do. the glass holding it in might have retaining screws only accesable from the back like meercat says or it might have lugs that sit into little grooves that twist off like some of the dropglass on the old style downlighters. a pic or model no would help :)

Advertisement