Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuxedo

• 14-04-2010 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

Yay! I finally have a reason to get a tuxedo. As an excuse for a party a bunch of friends have decided to have a Debs Dance. For some it will be a first time (being strangers to the Irish shore), for others it will be an opportunity to lay some horror memories/nightmares to rest.
    Going for the whole shabang, asking other people i.e. not going with your partner but one of the other friends - just to get that thrill of possible rejection again. Renting a Limo. Buying a corsage. Dinner and formal dancing followed by a bit of a kneesup Disco with the tackiest (wedding)band we can manage to find.

My dilemas: Rent or Buy? White or black - or Blue!? Plain shirt or one with a frilly placket? If I get a white one are white shoes required? Two piece or three? Cumberbund?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd always advise to buy- if your event thing goes well you'll probably have another one. And then another... and another...

And hey, I'm a traditionalist who thinks that cummerbunds look absolutely dreadful. So I like plain satin faced shawl collared 3 pieces tux's... but I'm only 1 girl, maybe you should wait and see what everyone else thinks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Black dinner jacket, high shine dress black shoes, dark cumberbund, plain placket shirt with French cuffs and discreet links.

White looks a little top cruise ship, and white shoes are awful.

Mr Brosnan knows how to do it.

http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/m/bafta_la_021107/pierce_brosnan_1646201.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Yes, I'd always advise to buy a suit... The first time I ever wore a suit, I was 19 and it was for my Debs! I was going to rent a suit, but fair play to my parents, they said they'd buy me a very nice suit. They did so that I would have a suit to wear for other occasions then... Unfortunately it backfired as it is now 2 years later and I have never worn it since!!!:o

But my suit was a fairly ordinary black suit, single breasted, but a very well tailored one. I wore a plain white Tommy Hilfiger shirt and a bow tie. Plain as anything, but simply oozed of old-school, classic cool. I wish I could wear a tux/suit every day, I think they look so cool!!! But wearing a suit around college would look a little weird!:o

Advertisement