Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTTDI Bi-Turbo Quattro Syncro 4Motion Lupo: Limited Edition

• 14-04-2010 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

First post here and a bit of a strange one, hoping someone can help me out. I recently came across the above car advertised on Done Deal for an outrageous price of €900. Lighting up with excitement at the thought of taking ownership of this Limited Edition Lupo, I wasted no time in contacting the seller and striking a deal.

As I was in Outer Mongolia at the time, I had my father collect the car on a stolen trailer, and bring it to our yard, ready for me to enjoy when I got home. I returned to Magherafelt a month after this beast was collected, and to say I was excited would be the understatement of Chenty Ten!

Once on home turf, I went straight to the garage, sporting a smile the size of Alaska, and the excitement of a 10 farmers attending the National Ploughing Championships. Needless to say, my Alaskin smile was smashed to a thousand pieces when I ripped open the garage doors, and found this sitting there.

Vw_lupo_v_sst.jpg

Trying to reassure myself this was still the beast I had be dreaming of, I convinced myself that perhaps it's just a bit cosmetically dull, and proceeded to fire her up! Key in ignition and turn! As it struggled to start, I heard a couple of coughs, and looked around thinking there was somebody else in the garage with me, the coughs were shortly followed by another cough with an added squeak. I thought my pet cat Froggle hat just taken his last breath, but no, long behold, this "beast" had just fired up.

A bit let down by the expected rumble, I thought I'd take her out for a quick bit of arse out action around the yard. Once again, disappointment reared it's somewhat ugly head. No sign of the Turbos sending me to Warp Factor 9.975, and the Quattro Syncro 4Motion system only seemed to be working the front left wheel :mad:

Me and the father put the car up on the ramp, only to make some shocking discoveries. The 1.9GTTDI Bi-Turbo lump had been stolen from the car whilst it was in the lock up, and replaced with a 1.0 engine from a standard Lupo. Not only that, but the Quattro Syncro 4Motion system had also been removed. I didn't know whether to get sick, or poo on the spot.

They forgot to remove my GT-TDI (All red) Bi-Turbo Quattro Syncro 4Motion badge from the back, so I plan to rebuild this beast to it's former glory, as a bit of a "Screw You" to the people responsible for committing such a disgusting crime against Autohaus Wolfsburg.

So anyway, if anybody knows of anyone breaking one of these limited editions, please waste no time in contacting me via PM. Keep an eye out for the build thread on this baby!

Thanks for reading ;)
    x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

would've been better if you hadn't used a wikipedia picture, or if the car actually had the badges mentioned....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

political-pictures-george-bush-fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

what a long and unneccesary name for such a boring car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

seal-of-fail.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement