Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 vip code not working

Options
  • 14-04-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Just got BC2 last night for the 360 and tried to enter the VIP code that came with it but it kept coming up as unrecognised. I tried lower case, uppercase, with and without the "-" but nothing worked. Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Is the game second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

nope, only bought new in gamestop and unwrapped from its shrink wrap and security seal yesterday,
    It isnt the only funky thing that happened with the game yesterday. midway through an online rush game i was buisly having a face to face shoot out with a guy and i was suddenly kicked back to the main screen saying EA connection had been lost. normally other games would go jittery and laggy before reporting connection issues.
    The in the last game i was playing i suddenly lost all sound except for very low freq sounds of gunfire and explosions which came through very quietly. Turned uo the volume but it didnt help. I thought my headphones had blown so i returned to the main screen where i was promptly deafened by the music!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Scruff wrote: »

i was suddenly kicked back to the main screen saying EA connection had been lost. normally other games would go jittery and laggy before reporting connection issues.
    !

This seems to be happening a lot recently on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

this is happening to me now with the connection problem and never happened in mw2 what is the problem with this one. i am getting these problems on ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 35 FJFF

The connection issue is a strange one, not had it on my Xbox version of BC2 since the first weeks of the game. It's due to game servers hosted by EA crashing.

With regards to your VIP code; try having someone else look over it, in case you mis-read something. Otherwise, try contacting EA/DICE support and if that fails...gamestop.
    I did read somewhere though that someone had the same problem, he checked the store and all of the 'VIP' maps were already downloaded anyway. Have a look.

@glennb MW2 is hosted on a players console/computer and not an external game server, so the servers crash less frequently/less connection errors.

• Advertisement
Advertisement