Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marc Coleman on Newstalk...

• 14-04-2010 10:48am
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭

He's ultra Right Wing Catholic isn't he? Nothing wrong with this per sé.

He had a representative from RTE on and gave him a roasting about the way RTE treats Irish Catholics and accused RTE of being full of Labour Party hacks. This is rich seeing as Newstalk seems to be propaganda HQ for Fine Gael with himself, Ivan and George spouting their FG love at every turn...:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

He also loves the sound of his own voice, even if he does that "Vincent Brown snot gathering noise". The RTE bloke gave it to him when he questioned RTE's coverage of child abuse in Germany. Saved by the news. A bit of a prick IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

He made himself a hostage to fortune with his pre crash "The Best Is Yet To Come" book.

Everything he has done since then has been in an effort to salvage his reputation as a pundit. He would argue that black is white if it fits with his theories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I only caught bits of the interview with the RTE guy, it sounded like he was really going over the top with his criticism of RTE and not only that, but Coleman's arguments were getting absolutely destroyed by the RTE guy. It was fairly entertaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

He also loves the sound of his own voice, even if he does that "Vincent Brown snot gathering noise". The RTE bloke gave it to him when he questioned RTE's coverage of child abuse in Germany. Saved by the news. A bit of a prick IMO.

I agree. He's another Pat Kenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

even if he does that "Vincent Brown snot gathering noise".

Had to switch off because of this. He must be the most amateur presenter on radio at the moment. Very disjointed delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Had to switch off because of this. He must be the most amateur presenter on radio at the moment. Very disjointed delivery.

Me too, I cant listen to him because of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

orourkeda wrote: »

Could you explain what you mean by that?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

There are two Colemans too many on that station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's going to be talking to David McRedmond of TV3 about how Irish the station is (or isn't!) tonight

He's a bit of a troll isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

orourkeda wrote: »

He's no Pat Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 243 ✭✭Fits Morris

Coleman's guests generally tend to toe the Sunday Indo party line on the economy. Last night for instance he had a few guests on who were talking about how "we need to stop focussing on what's hapening with the banks and move on". "We need to talk up the economy". Another item was on how to get the property market moving again. Yeah, that's just what the country needs, to re-inflate the property bubble.

As far as I can see the show is not much more than a haven for vested interests especially deluded property and business shysters, and conservative Catholics. It's comical stuff really. Read some of his pro-NAMA Sunday Indo columns and you get a fair idea of the agenda of this programme.

Advertisement