Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Vs Everton 7.45

• 14-04-2010 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

No time for crest urls.

Live here:
    http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football
    Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has key players Richard Dunne and James Milner available despite on-going Achilles problems.
    Nigel Reo-Coker has recovered from a serious ankle injury and could be named in the squad after a 14-week absence.
    Everton's influential midfielder Mikel Arteta misses his third successive match with a groin strain.
    Jospeh Yobo, who missed the draw against West Ham with a back complaint, has been passed fit.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8615687.stm

Villa need to beat Moyes' boys to retain any slim hopes of keeping up with the 4th place contenders, however this is a decent Everton team intent on usurping Villa in the league yet again as the season draws to a close. If Villa can play like they did against Chelsea for an hour i think the 3 points are in the bag. However i think the team will be little changed and knackered from Saturday so my prediction is an entertaining draw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Good news about NRC being fit and Arteta still injured.

Come on the Villa. Really need 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Should be a good match, I'll say 2-1 Villa.

Doing a Villa/Spurs double at 7.3/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Villa were terribly leggy against Chelsea. That said, games between them and us have all been rather tight, minus the F.A Cup game last season. Would like to give them a bit of a beating at their own place.

Stifle their only tactic - the counter (which tiredness seems to have hampered anyway) and I'm positive we can win.

0-2 (Cahill, Osman)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

2-1 Everton, or 2-1 Villa, somebody will win I reckon, with a late goal.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Stifle their only tactic - the counter (which tiredness seems to have hampered anyway) and I'm positive we can win.

How do you propose doing that eh?

Everton without Arteta are a very average team. Their results this year when he's not around back that up.

Villa 4-2

• Advertisement

Everton without Arteta are a very average team. Their results this year when he's not around back that up.

Villa 4-2

From memory they beat Chelsea and Man United without Arteta.

Johner wrote: »
    From memory they beat Chelsea and Man United without Arteta.

Nope. He played in both

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭383Ger

If Osman is on his game tonight (and he hasn't been for the last few weeks!) then I think Everton will win this...if the game bypasses him then we're in trouble as it will be 11 v 10...

My bad, I was at the Chelsea one and don't even remember him. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

No time for crest urls.

Live here:
    http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=football

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8615687.stm

Villa need to beat Moyes' boys to retain any slim hopes of keeping up with the 4th place contenders, however this is a decent Everton team intent on usurping Villa in the league yet again as the season draws to a close. If Villa can play like they did against Chelsea for an hour i think the 3 points are in the bag. However i think the team will be little changed and knackered from Saturday so my prediction is an entertaining draw.

Knackered yes, changed no. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

We average something like a point a game without Arteta, over two points a game with him.

If this was mid-season, I'd gladly take a draw tonight, but our season is pretty much over if we don't win.

I'm going to go 1-1, but hope we can nick it 2-1 as Villa begin to tire. Glad that Martin O'Neill has apparently learned nothing from how he ran the team into the ground last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Villa 4-2

Villa are average full-stop though and always seem to die a death in the latter half of the season whereas Everton strive towards the end. It wasnt just Arteta missing in the first half of the season - we had a host of injuries. I predict Everton to finish above Villa this season as we do every season.
    Everton 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Warper wrote: »
    Villa are average full-stop though and always seem to die a death in the latter half of the season whereas Everton strive towards the end. It wasnt just Arteta missing in the first half of the season - we had a host of injuries. I predict Everton to finish above Villa this season as we do every season.
    Everton 2-0.

Well Villa start well and fade while Everton start **** and get strong and we seem to end up around the same spot in the league. So we both have our obvious problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Villa 4-2

Moyes 'average' team has been up in the top 2/3 of the league since the turn of the year results wise. no coincidence it happened to be around the time the walking wounded came back.

Villa are a (resonably) good side, but I think MON has taken them as far as they will ever go, and thats outsiders.

I actually think they are more dangerous away from home.

Should be a good game. Looking forward to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

JPA wrote: »
    Well Villa start well and fade while Everton start **** and get strong and we seem to end up around the same spot in the league. So we both have our obvious problems.

Thats basically it alright for the last few seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

massive game for both sides tonight

draw i think, but obviously id like a villa win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Love to see the Villa win this, it would give us great confidence for the game against Bolton on Saturday, which we should win. It would be nice to go on a run at this stage of the season
    All our English players should be pushing themselvs to get a spot on the WC team

Crosáidí wrote: »
    it would give us great confidence for the game against Bolton on Saturday, which we should win

we already did

1-0

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

lol :pac::pac:, thats right I was in London that weekend, didn't see any football that weekend and knew we had to play them

• Advertisement

Crosáidí wrote: »
    lol :pac::pac:, thats right I was in London that weekend, didn't see any football that weekend and knew we had to play them

Playing Portsmouth on Sunday at 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Can't see Villa winning this.

I'll go for a draw.

VILLA: Friedel; Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock; A Young, Petrov, Milner, Downing; Carew, Agbonlahor. Subs: L Young, Sidwell, Delfouneso, Delph, Heskey, Guzan, Beye.

EVERTON: Howard; Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Neville; Piennar, Osman, Cahill, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Yakubu. Subs: Hibbert, Yobo, Saha, Turner, Senderos, Rodwell, Wallace.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Could go either way this one. I think we'll win it as we're at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

me stream sucks balls but positive start so far from Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Villa doing well so far, but could go either way imo.
    Villa need to be leading by sixty minutes if they are going to get a win here.

arse

woeful defending

thats it lads, 4th is gone

JPA wrote: »
    arse

im not switching over to that match but right now this sucks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Stream dropped before they scored, spurs 1-0 up too so all not going well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Cuellar cant cross a ball to save his life, in fact he cant chip the ball off the ground, every time he plays it along the ground into the defender to clear it.

this sopcast isnt as smooth as the one that died but is running fine

Channel - 92052

Esse85 wrote: »
    Cuellar cant cross a ball to save his life, in fact he cant chip the ball off the ground, every time he plays it along the ground into the defender to clear it.

thats coz hes not a full back

howard is on form tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Helix wrote: »

With Dunne half crocked I can't understand why Cuellar isn't moved into the middle in Dunne's place, and L. Young brought in. Seem obvious to me.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    I know but FFS its not hard to put some loft on the ball either.

With Dunne half crocked I can't understand why Cuellar isn't moved into the middle in Dunne's place, and L. Young brought in. Seem obvious to me.
    Agreed. But i guess unless Dunne has his neck hanging off he wont be replaced.

We're still in this, we need a quick goal after half time.

HT, 1-0 to Everton. Absolutely cracking game, it has to be said.

Everything going our way so far, game has been played at a million miles an hour, Villa will be out on their feet by the 70th minute. Even if it's 1-1 by that point, I would highly fancy Everton to go on and win.

Villa unlucky not to have at least one goal though, they've created enough chances. Tim Howard is doing his brick wall impression.

Anyone got a good stream.

The veetle one went down about 10 minutes ago

• Advertisement

our final ball is consistently woeful these days

Anyone got a good stream.

The veetle one went down about 10 minutes ago

FS TV

^seems to be back fine

A couple of Arsenal goals and a couple of our own would do wonders for us.

Johnny Heitinga injured, replaced by Jack Rodwell. Crowd boo him coming on. Jealous. :D

FS TV

^seems to be back fine

Watchin on Mac so Veetle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Watchin on Mac so Veetle

http://footballstreams.tv/watch_3.php

works for me using firefox on the mac

Pienaar and Bily both suffering with knocks now too, Villa players beginning to just kick, it has to be said.

Probably afraid to do it while Heitinga was still on the pitch.

i think ive figured out our gameplan

mon wants the wingers to try to kill the defenders by kicking the ball off them as hard and as often as possible

Young takes his third dive of the evening. Tries to kick Jagielka's head off and then collapses holding his side. Bit embarrassing for him, that.

Crossing is horrible AGAIN

I cant see any of our wingers going to the WC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement