Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Vs Everton 7.45

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

As it stands, Everton are getting closer to winning an important game. We haven't done well in this respect all season, apart from Man City x 2. Expect a Villa goal any minute, probably from Carew!

Milner is some player, scares the hell out of me every time he gets the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ugh...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

woo a reason to still be awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Nice goal, Agbonlahor, 1-1.

I think Dunney may just have cut Warnock in half.

Unbelievable. Every single time we look like getting a result, winning a game, looking comfortable, we give away a goal. And I said it not five minutes ago. We can still win, but this is beyond a joke from them.

edit: WOOOOOOOO! CAHILL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

F*ck sake! That's shocking stuff

FFS!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Why in good **** is our smallest player marking their best header of the ball at a corner??!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

2-1

cahill again

this is the final straw for me tbh, mon has to go. bottom line now as far as im concerned

70 minutes into a must win match where we've created f*ck all in the second half, are tiring, and have the opposition in control, and we have yet to make anything resembling a tactical change. yeh gabby got a goal to bring it back to parity, but still no changes, and everton go up and get another

not good enough, and hes had ample chances to fix it, but he does the same thing again and again

sick of it

• Advertisement

Can't believe my eyes...the Fonz is on. MON making a sub that doesn't involve Heskey or Sidwell.

Helix wrote: »
    2-1

cahill again

this is the final straw for me tbh, mon has to go. bottom line now as far as im concerned

70 minutes into a must win match where we've created f*ck all in the second half, are tiring, and have the opposition in control, and we have yet to make anything resembling a tactical change. yeh gabby got a goal to bring it back to parity, but still no changes, and everton go up and get another

not good enough, and hes had ample chances to fix it, but he does the same thing again and again

sick of it

Please keep him, I'm terrified he might go to Liverpool.

Shocking defending by Villa

FFS! We need to keep possession here, for ONCE this season, they need to not concede a crucial goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ffs, its not UFC.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Please keep him, I'm terrified he might go to Liverpool.

Shocking defending by Villa

nah he wouldnt go there, wouldnt have enough control to be fair

Young should be off that. Shocking, cowardly carry on.

• Advertisement

Pienaar down after getting kicked by Young. Didn't have any strong feeling about Ashley Young before tonight, but he is a complete ***** now in my opinion. Four obvious dives, a dangerous kick out at Jags's head, and now kicks Pienaar straight in the groin. *****.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Young should be off that. Shocking, cowardly carry on.

he'll get a retrospective ban im sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ashley Young marking Cahill from an Everton set piece?? WTF?

It's always MON this and MON that, the players have to share responsibility when we don't do basic stuff properly.

Columbia wrote: »
    Pienaar down after getting kicked by Young. Didn't have any strong feeling about Ashley Young before tonight, but he is a complete ***** now in my opinion. Four obvious dives, a dangerous kick out at Jags's head, and now kicks Pienaar straight in the groin. *****.

hes always been a petulant little fecker. hate seeing players in the villa jersey doing that, no place for it - be it the constant diving, the whinging or the little sly kicks

he'll get a retrospective ban im sure

FA don't issue them.

• Advertisement

hes always been a petulant little fecker. hate seeing players in the villa jersey doing that, no place for it - be it the constant diving, the whinging or the little sly kicks

Indeed, it's not welcome. Everton players guilty of the same sometimes, Jo especially when he was around, but no fan wants to see that kind of carry on.

Damn, if Rodwell had played Saha in there it was game over.

2-2. Typical. Just ****ing typical.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    FA don't issue them.

they do once your not england vice captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Savman wrote: »
    Ashley Young marking Cahill from an Everton set piece?? WTF?

It's always MON this and MON that, the players have to share responsibility when we don't do basic stuff properly.
    It all comes down to the manager. Their his players, its his job to get the best outtta them.

A goal!

FTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

2-2 fellas.

Lol, great finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

FFS, if Neville had scored there Downing should have been castrated.

2-2 FT. Feck it, we needed the win, draw is no good.

Ashley Young with the delivery. Shouldn't even be on the ****ing pitch.

Anyway, only ourselves to blame. into stoppage time, 2-1 up away from home against a team showing signs of exhaustion. What do we do? Keep the ball and make them chase? No hope. We sit back, give them 80% of possession and see if we can hang on.

And for probably the tenth time this season, we've given away a crucial goal in the final minutes. Did it against Arsenal, Sporting, West Ham, now Villa. God knows who else. 8th is the best we can do now, really annoyed with the team and the manager's tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Always good encounters these and always have score draw written all over it.

Lucky lucky lucky.

Not quite out of the 4th place race yet

• Advertisement

Lucky lucky lucky.

Now quite out of the 4th place race yet

Just about, mate. I was really hoping we'd either win or lose tonight. I want us to press on ahead of ye obviously, but if we weren't going to do that I wanted Villa to come 4th, because Man City are scum. A draw is a s**te result for both of us, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Columbia wrote: »
    Just about, mate. I was really hoping we'd either win or lose tonight. I want us to press on ahead of ye obviously, but if we weren't going to do that I wanted Villa to come 4th, because Man City are scum. A draw is a s**te result for both of us, unfortunately.

villa have no hope of getting 4th...:confused:

what is the last place for the eurothingy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Carew was offside for Villa's second. Even if it was an own goal he was active and caused it. Bad shout from the linesman.

Besides, Young should have been off the field for the stamp on Pienaar's bafanas. Villa were filthy tonight

what is the last place for the eurothingy?

6th if Pompey's bid is successful, 7th if it isnt.

(It won't be)

There also might be a fair play place, don't know how that works. However, I'd rather eat my own face than start the Europa League at the first qualifying round. What's that, 23 games to win the thing? Not even nearly worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Voltwad wrote: »
    Carew was offside for Villa's second. Even if it was an own goal he was active and caused it. Bad shout from the linesman.

Besides, Young should have been off the field for the stamp on Pienaar's bafanas. Villa were filthy tonight

Cahill pushed Dunne before scoring the first so it balanced out overall.

A good game but a useless reult for the Villa

Advertisement