Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running older 'exotic' cars

• 14-04-2010 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all, ive gotten that familiar need to change my car itch, as some of you know i have inexplicably ended up in a mk2 audi TT having previously owned a bmw z4 coupe (over the past 18 months).

Now the TT is very nicely put together and quick enough for most people, it unfortunately doesnt stir the soul, when i get back from honeymoon in June it will be up for the chop.

Ive done about 8,000km in the past year and i dont see that going up, with that in mind im going to limit what i spend on my next car to a max of 30k, and less if i can manage it.

ive been thinking about the options, something from the BMW m stable could be a runner again (id buy a minty e46 m3 if one were to come up), i was also consdering an e92 335i, 987 boxster s, 996 911 (if the right one came up).

However ive also been thinking about something a little more exotic, like an aston DB7 (3.2 s/c) or a maser 3200/4200.

Is it lunacy to be contemplating something like this, are they going to break my heart to run one (even at the low mileage that i do?)

What you think folks?

Comments

Advertisement