Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ATI Driver - BC2 fixes

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Another new driver:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319691

from some users:
    BC2 runs really good with these, seems map loading is really quick now also.
    BFBC2 loading times are FIXED with these.
    OpenGL 4.0/3.3 in these, OpenCL works aswell(unlike 8.73).

Bad Company 2 load times alot faster here. Nice drivers.

Promising...

There are a number of other improvements too, like Avivo now with denoise and edge detect options etc.

It has a newer 2D & 3D driver compared to even the 10.4b..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

are these worth installing? i just installed the 10.3b drivers didnt see much difference in Bad Company 2

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Scram wrote: »
    are these worth installing? i just installed the 10.3b drivers didnt see much difference in Bad Company 2
    They look sweeter, but still got white screens of death, random crashes, etc, so now installing 10.4_preview which I got from another post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

It fixed the glitch with the water gfx for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

the_syco wrote: »
    They look sweeter, but still got white screens of death, random crashes, etc, so now installing 10.4_preview which I got from another post here.

Yeah I've had the white screen of death once since installing too. But they're giving me great performance, so I'll stick with these until the 4 series fix drivers come out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

One lock up but no other issues and its great actually being the 1st person in a round for a change! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

The work good for me too,fast loading and no more graphical glitches white smoke glitch finaly :)

god dam 2nd crash tonite with the 10.3b drivers, first the game just hanged then it crashed to desktop with no warning.

of course what makes it all worse is thatw hen you start it up again you gotta pick all the weapons and gadets you use for each class again:(

We are not using the 10.3b drivers mate, we are wayyyyyy past them. I am using the 10.4's now...try them dude.

i installed them but it says 10.3 in the info center? is that right?

• Advertisement

i installed them but it says 10.3 in the info center? is that right?

Thats the CCC version, NOT the driver version, which you will see as listed 8.74.xxx

uninstalling these they cause a lag or small freeze when i pick any class or press the enter game button:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

uninstalling these they cause a lag or small freeze when i pick any class or press the enter game button:(

Its not the drivers---The freeze is since the latest patch.Add the Bad company to your exceptions in your anti virus software and that should fix it.

Heres a link to the fix.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1056204-spawn-lag-fix-least-me-now.html

ive reinstlled these, and wow theres a huge difference.

im sitting there expecting a 1 min map load and erm its like 5-12 seconds instead of the usual 30+ secs.

i had the wrong preview drivers.. so heres the one that worked for me on my radeon 4870

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx

Quick update....

The Ati 10.6 drivers are out and made my rig go ARSEWAYS.....the forums are going mad with peeps saying the FPS has dropped by 50% with this driver. I am now playing with 10.4 with best results.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Quick update....

The Ati 10.6 drivers are out and made my rig go ARSEWAYS.....the forums are going mad with peeps saying the FPS has dropped by 50% with this driver. I am now playing with 10.4 with best results.

hmmm they working better for me..

Glad to hear it, but the performance for me was indeed terrible. Even the refresh rate of the screen could be seen and the colours were bad. I suppose I could take a performance hit (Ati 5970) but the driver is terrible for me.

What card you got? 5 series...

Glad to hear it, but the performance for me was indeed terrible. Even the refresh rate of the screen could be seen and the colours were bad. I suppose I could take a performance hit (Ati 5970) but the driver is terrible for me.

just a radeon 4870...

Ive had major fps problems with world of warcraft recently and i found out that if you disable "cool and quiet" in the BIOS it gives a very noticable boost. not sure if it would help BC2 though havnt tried it yet.

Did you install the new profiles?

Did you install the new profiles?

new profiles? where and how? lol

• Advertisement

new profiles? where and how? lol

Either of these downloads. I got the one from Rage3d (they're both the same file)

10.6 profiles Rage3d download

10.6 App profiles from AMD.com

They're usually on the same page as the driver downloads when a new driver is released

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=win7/windows-7-64bit

Just another way to describe a fuggin HOTFIX.....what happened to a universal driver FFS.

Just forget about all pre 5 series cards for the love of god. And dedicate the driver team to the 5 series platform....SORTED!:eek::eek:

:D

Just another way to describe a fuggin HOTFIX.....what happened to a universal driver FFS.

Just forget about all pre 5 series cards for the love of god. And dedicate the driver team to the 5 series platform....SORTED!:eek::eek:

:D

App profiles are released with every new driver - they've been doing that for years!!!

And if you look at the change log - you'll see only 5 series fixes ;)

You ARE twisting my MELON MAN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

after reading this thread yesterday i went home and updated my ati drivers for my hd 4800 and jesus christ what a difference in loading time.

before it was taking me about 30 seconds to load each map, now its literally 4or 5 seconds tops.

all i play is panama canal 24/7 servers (cuz its my strike at karkland!) but theres deffo a bit of an increase during gameplay too.

cheers for the heads up

rob

I think it was the last patch that actually fixed the loading times for Pre 5 series cards. By way of a hotfix patch, so yeah it should by default be included in this patch.

The loading times was a joke back then but it was fixed 1st for the 5 series cards IIRC.

Good Times

tried everything under the sun with the 10.6 drivers and no joy terrible performance and looks. Even standing still in BFBC2 the screen goes light and dark slightly.

On 10.5s now coz I had a lock up with the 10.4s, wish I never changed a few weeks back when everything was PERFECT.

If I get it back to that I aint changing again....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

10.6 seems to be an improvement for my 5870.

Watch this space, bet YOUR ASS that a hotfix on it way....as per usual.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Running 5850 crossfire. 10.6 is actually worse than 10.5. Black screen at times during gameplay and getting the all to frequent crash to desktop every now and again :(

Advertisement