Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New ideas for chicken breasts

Options
  • 14-04-2010 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I remember there was a thread with some lovely chicken recipes but I cant find it anywhere so would anyone have any nice recipes for chicken breasts?

Have some in the fridge for dinner and cant really think of what I wanna make, I know I don't want to do stir fry really was thinking about doing dauphinoise potatoes with it so any ideas would be great!

Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I know it's been done to death, but it tastes soooo good. And I always serve it with gratin potatoes.

Butterfly the breast, line with basil leaves and put 1/4 of a Boursin (garlic) round into it. Wrap it all up with a smoked rasher, I use hickory.
    And cook in oven for about 35-40 mins. NYOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭matban

Put the chicken in between two layers of cling film

Flatten it with a rolling pin / mallet

coat both sides with seasoned flour, dip in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs.

Fry on both sides for about 5mins a side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭WacoKid

Cut pockets in chicken, slice garlic and place in pockets, sprinkle with thyme and cook at 180 degrees for 35 mins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Ruthie_

Oh so many yummy ideas!! Thanks guys, I knew ya wouldn't steer me wrong. Think I'll be going for Jamies recipe but I'll defo be trying out the others at some point in the coming weeks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

I was going to suggest the jamie recipe but I see someone else did! It's yum! I make it with potato gratin and it's yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

matban wrote: »
    Put the chicken in between two layers of cling film

Flatten it with a rolling pin / mallet

coat both sides with seasoned flour, dip in beaten egg and then breadcrumbs.

Fry on both sides for about 5mins a side.

Do this. Then top the chicken with a cooked tomato sauce, some chopped ham, a touch of pineapple and some grated cheese. Toast under the grill until the cheese melts. Voila: Aussie staple, the chicken parma. Essentially a pizza with a chicken base instead of pizza dough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,428 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've never seen a parma with pineapple.
    Not a big fan tbh though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Try this:

INGREDIENTS: (to serve two people)
    -Tub of Garlic & Herbs Philadelphia soft cheese
    -Handful of spinach leaves
    -Box of Jus-Roll filo pastry sheets
    -2-3 cloves of garlic
    -Pack of Denny's Smoky bacon, chopped into small chunks.
    -2 large chicken breasts.

1: Oil up a pan with garlic olive oil and lightly brown the chicken breasts until almost cooked. Remove from pan and butterfly.

2: In each chicken breast, plonk a generous amount of Philadelphia in the middle, followed by the chopped bacon and spinach leaves.

3: Wrap the filled chicken breasts in the filo pastry (Use one sheet for thin parcel, two if you prefer thick), bast with an egg, then place on greaseproof paper into oven at 180C for 30 minutes.

4: Serve with a baked potatoe topped with soft cheese.

Bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

olaola wrote: »

Tried this last night, very nice indeed :)

Advertisement