Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents who smoke affecting childrens health

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

c-bbm wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any regulations/guidelines about childcare workers smoking? I know that they are not allowed to smoke in the creche (obviously) but they can smoke while outside on their lunch break, then come back inside with smoke on their breaths and pick up my son who always likes a cuddle after his mid-day nap. He has had ear infection after ear infection in the last few months and moved from the wobbler room to the toddler room a few months ago. One of the workers in the toddler room smokes. Coincidence??
    There is a history of asthma in my family and even though he hasn't got it yet I am concerned about a smoker looking after my son. Nobody in our family smokes and any frequent visitors to our house do not smoke. Any thoughts?

I think i started a bit of scare mongering. This is more than likely a coincidence.
    Kids in creches are always going to pick up what is going around, irregardless of smoking.
    Your kid has been moved from one room to another, with another set of kids and more infections.
    We can't wrap our kids up in cotton wool all their lives.
    They will get infections in creches, fact of life i am afraid.
    And please god if it's only the odd ear infection, you aren't doing too bad.

Advertisement