Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal poster?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Is that your own picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Tallon wrote: »
    Is that your own picture?

No but I have asked the artist for permission with no intention of mass producing or selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

There are plenty of Fujifilm centres around. The Camera Centre of Grafton St/Tallaght do printing. I recently had them print a 16x20 poster I made for €17.99. No idea if that's a good price or not but it was just a once off present for my nephew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

It wont be the highest possible quality, but aldi website will provide software that gets you a 30 x 20 inch poster for approx. €15 including shipping. I had one done as a tester and ended up framing it

SeanKev wrote: »
    No but I have asked the artist for permission with no intention of mass producing or selling.

The reason I was asking was obviously the Copyright issue but also, that picture is to small to be blown up to a poster size, you may lose quality.

If you contact the owner she may be able to give you a bigger size.

http://fallenfaith06.deviantart.com/
    [snip]Do not post Email addresses[/snip]

As for where, there are a few places, Harvey Normans, Fujifilm (online too), Lidl & Aldi I think too.
    If your looking for High quality stuff there is a guy on here that does it STCSTC (Steve) I'll root out his details now

Edit: Links
    Aldi site
    Harvey Norman
    Fujipix
    stcstc (Steve)

• Advertisement

NothingMan wrote: »
    There are plenty of Fujifilm centres around. The Camera Centre of Grafton St/Tallaght do printing. I recently had them print a 16x20 poster I made for €17.99. No idea if that's a good price or not but it was just a once off present for my nephew.

Was the poster a photo from a camera ?

I don't know how to go about this seeing as it's hosted online and the images size is: 850px × 565px

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Was the poster a photo from a camera ?

I don't know how to go about this seeing as it's hosted online and the images size is: 850px × 565px

Mine was a collage of photos I took of my nephew at the Star Wars Invasion but they were taken at high quality and uncompressed in a .tiff file. Basically if you try and blow up the photo that you linked then it will be pixelated. I would imagine the photographer has the high quality original, so I would ask them if you could get a copy of that as Tallon said.

NothingMan wrote: »
    Mine was a collage of photos I took of my nephew at the Star Wars Invasion but they were taken at high quality and uncompressed in a .tiff file. Basically if you try and blow up the photo that you linked then it will be pixelated. I would imagine the photographer has the high quality original, so I would ask them if you could get a copy of that as Tallon said.

Ok,
    I know that, thanks.

I just noticed I can buy the print but the max is 4 x 6. :(

Ok,
    I know that, thanks.

I just noticed I can buy the print but the max is 4 x 6. :(

I seen that, but TBH it would be pretty expensive having to ship it from America (I'm assuming your in Ireland)
    If she gave you the original you could get it done any size over here, plus you'd have her full permission :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

pfft deadau5 suck anyway :p

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    I seen that, but TBH it would be pretty expensive having to ship it from America (I'm assuming your in Ireland)
    If she gave you the original you could get it done any size over here, plus you'd have her full permission :)

Indeed! :eek:

http://www.deviantart.com/print/9962432/?utm_source=DA&utm_medium=DP&utm_campaign=DA_DP_BuyThisPrint-Left_121009&utm_content=BuyThisPrint-Left

I got a 20x30 inch poster from Photobox that I'm quite happy with.

Never had anything printed so large before, so I can't compare it to anything, but it seems grand to me. Cost me about €15 posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just an fyi i ordered 3 18x12 poster prints from snapfish and it cost just about a tenner all in, including postage, and i have to say the quality is awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Dont mean to hijack the thread OP but would you guys mind casting an eye over these photos for me please i asked in the donegal forum for help on where to get these done but i have figured out my main problem is what format to get done (as in canvas/glossy paper ect) i want one largeish one for brace wall , peob the sunset one and the others smaller size any help suggestions be greatly appreciated, as its the first time getting stuff printed...

Link ----> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65390055&postcount=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i dont think the sundset one will look as good on canvas as the lighthouse one

the lighthouse could look good big

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

What sort of resolution image would you need to print say an A2 or A1 size print?

ideally you want size @ 360ppi

but for example you could use down to about 200 ppi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

http://www.360-dpi.com/page8/files/print_res.pdf

Found that link in your sig which explains things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

jes that has put a spanner in the works (the file size thing that Fil pointed out) cos most of my photos are 4000pix on the longest side, how do i get bigger than that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

jes that has put a spanner in the works (the file size thing that Fil pointed out) cos most of my photos are 4000pix on the longest side, how do i get bigger than that?

You'll be okay.
    I've gotten poster sized prints (30"x20") from my 12MP dslr and they came out fine,inho.:)

How do I get huge images ? :confused:

those figures are ideals

i have printed 5 meters * 1meter from a nikon d200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

How do I get huge images ? :confused:

Its all relative to the viewing distance..
    Just look at a street poster.

Advertisement