Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alvarion Wireless Antenna - What to do?

• 14-04-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have an Alvarion Antenna that I used with my old broadband provider.
    What could I use it for?

Could I replace the board and use it to extend my network over a longer distance connecting to my 802.11g router?

Just looking for some suggestions that could be fun to try.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

jaredGalen wrote: »
    I have an Alvarion Antenna that I used with my old broadband provider.
    What could I use it for?

Could I replace the board and use it to extend my network over a longer distance connecting to my 802.11g router?

Just looking for some suggestions that could be fun to try.

I believe that antenna is still Ice Broadband's asset, and they might start calling out to houses and removing equipment in order to sell it to pay off creditors.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jaredGalen

I know but I'm collecting ideas in case they don't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭installer

take the board out and its just an antenna in an enclosure, what frequency does it operate on, if its ibb its probably 3.5 mhz licenced frequencies (wimax) maybe... and no use, the unit itself without passwords to log into it if it is 2.4 is also useless, so imo just taking up space..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It belongs to Ice. It may even belong to one of Ice's suppliers.

It's of no use to anyone else.

You could be liable if you interfere with it as Ice still exist.

Advertisement