Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteering to Work Abroad in the Autumn

• 14-04-2010 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I am looking to go away next Autumn to do some travelling,Where could i do some voluntary work for say 4-6 months.I can only afford to spend a couple of Grand.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

If you were considering South America you could try Pisco Sin Fronteras, www.piscosinfronteras.org/. They work in the city of Pisco two hours south of lima, Which was 80% destroyed by an earthquake in 2007. It's reconstruction work, Helping people who have lost everything to get back on their feet. There is no registeration charge, you just pay 15 soles(About $5) a day, and for that you get breakfast, dinner and a bed. You normally get lunch on site.
    We went there for 2 weeks and stayed for 2 months. really enjoyable work and really great people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Thairish

I'm a volunteer teacher here for the past four years.

www.GoodChildFoundation.com

We can provide good accommodations and meals. If you like working with children please contact us. Our son son has Down syndrome and we are helping find school places for other children with Down syndrome in rural Thailand.

We sing lots of songs.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPwh9Ef9DCU

Advertisement