Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Using Too Much Petrol?

• 14-04-2010 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

My car is currently using a tenners worth of petrol per 100km...does this seem excessive? I don't feel like I do crazy mileage but every time i look at the dash, it seems the petrol light is on.

my car is a 2005 suzuki ignis.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Lucyx wrote: »
    My car is currently using a tenners worth of petrol per 100km...does this seem excessive? I don't feel like I do crazy mileage but every time i look at the dash, it seems the petrol light is on.

Why it does seem high, it could seem to be using a lot due to the price of petrol rocketing recently. Otherwise get it stuck on a diagonistic, Lambda sensor, coil pack might be gone.

Edit: Working out around 8litres to 100klms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It's fine.

But it depends on the type of driving.

Go to parkers.co.uk or some website and workout what economy you should be getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

what's that in litres..about 7 or 8?
    around the 34mpg if it is..
    doesn't seem excessive to me, mostly town driving are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

SV wrote: »
    what's that in litres..about 7 or 8?
    around the 34mpg if it is..
    doesn't seem excessive to me, mostly town driving are you?

this is it, thats really all motorway driving. I sit in traffic very little. its all on the M1 and M50 driving at about 100km so i thought I'd get longer when I put 30euro in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

this is it, thats really all motorway driving. I sit in traffic very little. its all on the M1 and M50 driving at about 100km so i thought I'd get longer when I put 30euro in the car.

is it the 1.3 or 1.5 model?
    When was it serviced last? Could be down to something as simple as needing a good service tbh.
    Check your tyre pressures too, make sure they're not too low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That does sound a little high going by Parkers:
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=853

I know that people will say those figures are inflated, but for motorway driving they should be close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Lucyx

it does badly need a service actually so maybe that'll help even a bit.

its a 1.3 model.

thanks a mill for all the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Stop measuring fuel by "euro" and use litre instead.. you will have a much better idea...

Advertisement