Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

zone valve stuck open

• 14-04-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

My heating wont divert to hot water only. I tried to switch the zone valve using the summertime switch to water only and it wont go.

This say to me that the solenoid valve is stuck open or the spring is jamed.

As it was working fine last week I suspect the solenoid valve.

There is no light on my zone valve. Any Ideas folks

I suspect I just need a new head but obv want to check first.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Make sure there is power to valve. Fiddle with the lever to see if you can free the spring. I would then take off head and ensure that spindle on valve body is not jammed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Make sure there is power to valve. Fiddle with the lever to see if you can free the spring. I would then take off head and ensure that spindle on valve body is not jammed.

Cheap valve... no lever..:D on the rest will do. ;)

Found the lever... fiddled with it a little. I have not taken off the head. Its one of those sure zone valves from Pulsar Not to fam with them.

Have you any idea how to take off the head.

Think there is a release bottom on one side, it should be on one of the long sides. I'll try and see a picture of one.

Think there is a release bottom on one side, it should be on one of the long sides. I'll try and see a picture of one.

Cant see a button... There is a screw on the top. I imagine that is holding the workings in though... Let us know is you come with with any more thanks.

• Advertisement

Cant see a button... There is a screw on the top. I imagine that is holding the workings in though... Let us know is you come with with any more thanks.

This the Valve Joey?

This the Valve Joey?

Wa just about to post this

SZO007.jpg

So yes that valve. Do you know how the top pops off.

Only ever saw a few. It can only be a couple of ways, either the black button on the long side, there may be one either side, push them both.

Or

you may have to pop off blue cover by way of that visible screw, the head may be screwed to the body.

Only ever saw a few. It can only be a couple of ways, either the black button on the long side, there may be one either side, push them both.

Or

you may have to pop off blue cover by way of that visible screw, the head may be screwed to the body.

I have pushed the lever a couple of times will have to wait till the heating goes off to check it. By way of the visable screw do you mean the screw on the side in the above picture because the screw on the top is also visable, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Could be wrong, but afaik most of those cheap valves dont have replaceable heads, think its just the likes of myson and sunvic that have replaceable actuator heads.. Ya might have to replace the entire valve...

• Advertisement

Could be wrong, but afaik most of those cheap valves dont have replaceable heads, think its just the likes of myson and sunvic that have replaceable actuator heads.. Ya might have to replace the entire valve...

The valver is over €40 so not that cheap. head should come off. Motor can also be replaced and they can be picked up in any plumbing shop, cost about €15

Nahh if that was the case I would just buy the valve and take the head off. There is always a way. That way I have a spare valve for when the spring goes.

Anyway its an own brand valve and pulsar are not bad on plumbing

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Just seen this thread now ,you can take the head off alright ,by using the black plastic retainers.

Afaik ,heatmerchants sell them valves as their own brand. I think they're made be thorsmann ,not sure though.

What do you mean black plastic retainers. The fooker is hard to see cause its in position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

What do you mean black plastic retainers. The fooker is hard to see cause its in position.

Sorry I deleted my post ,it's not the same valve I was thinking of sorry.
    I shouldn't be even on the internet ,I'm wrecked:(

The valver is over €40 so not that cheap. head should come off. Motor can also be replaced and they can be picked up in any plumbing shop, cost about €15

Interesting.... If you can replace the motors I might get out of the pickle cheaper. On the price yes they are expensive and I know pulsar is not good with discount. So I imagine a replacement head is easy to get

These are them , all good plumbing shops will have them and they are generic.

These are them , all good plumbing shops will have them and they are generic.

I appreciate your advice. Thanks.. Never had to worry about this. My last house was done with a manual lever valve and as you can imagine this house does not have the full standard of controls. Will let you know how it goes.

Advertisement