Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Converse trainers online

Options
  • 14-04-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

where is good/bad/cheapest?

Amazon.co.uk or ebay aren't too bad but not much of a savings compared to shops here either, especially if you have to pay shipping.

Any ideas of where else to look?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Schuh.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Branch 309 - free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭coillcam

I have used both schuh and branch309 on ebay as well as their respective websites. They are both the same company anyway. I can vouch for them as pretty decent in terms of delivery and customer service too. Got a pair of trainers last year for 99p + £5 delivery to Ir.eland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

buzz55 wrote: »
    where is good/bad/cheapest?

Amazon.co.uk or ebay aren't too bad but not much of a savings compared to shops here either, especially if you have to pay shipping.

Any ideas of where else to look?

Back in 1988 they were £32.95 a pair (same price as Levi 501) - so even at €55 they are a great value product.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

91011 wrote: »
    so even at €55 they are a great value product.
    That is debatable since they are extremely basic products. I saw "how its made" on discovery doing asics runners and the amount of production that goes into them was amazing. You can get knock off converse in dunnes and other shops for under a tenner.

They are not really suitable for running the only "training" I ever see recommended for them for is doing weightlifting, since a rock hard sole with no heel is an advantage. In fact many powerlifting records were set by guys wearing converse type shoes and not specific weightlifting shoes. Cheap ones will do the same job, while cheapo dunnes runners trying to look like asics will not.

In 1988 they were just even more overpriced. I have had real ones and dunnes knock offs and both seem to be as durable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Agree entirely with rubadub with regards the durability and quality. Cheap to make but have street cred so they can bump up the prices.

jdsports.co.uk do good deals but similar to schuh so nothing new there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i have bought from here but they do charge delivery

http://www.jamesandjames.com/htmlfiles/prodpages/converse.htm

i actually buy Evisu as they are a much better build quality than Converse

http://www.jamesandjames.com/htmlfiles/prodpages/evisu.htm

Advertisement