Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new double yellows!

Options
  • 14-04-2010 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

everybody see the new double yellows been painted in the park?have they been done everywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

That is brilliant news - I really hope they are on the bend at the last part leading to the back of the Crescent! Its an accident waiting to happen

Have to check it out when I get home.........sad I know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Does anyone think this will work? I'll admit my ignorance here, but how do 'they' enforce it, and who enforces it? Hopefully it will deter the people who perform the bizarre parking jobs though.

As far as I know there will be clampers touring the estate. Might sound harsh but if you have to drive/walk in the areas where some fools think its ok to park on bends/create serious blind spots etc then you would see it differently.

Unfortunately some gaps were left in the double yellows as cars were already parked up - I hope they come back- tow that white van at back of Park and finish off the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Car2318 wrote: »
    As far as I know there will be clampers touring the estate. Might sound harsh but if you have to drive/walk in the areas where some fools think its ok to park on bends/create serious blind spots etc then you would see it differently.

Unfortunately some gaps were left in the double yellows as cars were already parked up - I hope they come back- tow that white van at back of Park and finish off the lines.

Hi,
    Not sure if you think I am seeing this in any other way? I am all for the double yellow lines to prevent parking obstructions on my street as well.

Absolutely Rasmus - Its just my pet hate in Charlesland so when I write about it I find it hard to not rant about it..................and not to anyone in particular.

Husband thought I would collapse with joy yesterday when I saw the lines :D

Here's hoping it works though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yeah they are up by the crescent, we brought clamping in up in the crescent too as it was getting stupid up at our parking spaces too, people just parked anywhere they wanted leaving owners haveing to walk a good but to get to their apartments.

Unfortunately the biggest culprit in our section (big white van) is ignoring the double yellows. I wish he/she would take a walk around the area and see what a danger the van is causing to pedestrians, cyclists and drivers.

If I had my own clamp............;)

the fella who parks at the corner of the cresent facing onto the green with the roof rack?

Afraid I have not had the pleasure of seeing that guy, we are in the Park up near the Crescent. Looks like there is one everywhere!

the so called "white van man"

• Advertisement
Advertisement