Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trapped Deer Rescued by the RNLI

Options
  • 14-04-2010 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

As shooters we are used to seeing Deer in strange places and situations around Kildare and Wicklow, but this caught my eye and looked interesting:

A terrified deer trapped under cliffs at Durlston Head has been rescued by Swanage lifeboat crew.
    The frightened animal was stuck on rocks and leaped into the water before being recovered into the lifeboat.

Portland Coastguard requested the lifeboat launch, due to concerns that a member of the public might try to rescue the animal.

Swanage Lifeboat Station got in touch with the RSPCA, which advised that, as the deer was in good shape, it should be released on the beach in Durlston Bay.
    This was done and the lifeboat crew returned to Swanage.

http://www.rnli.org.uk/rnli_near_you/news/news_detail?articleid=541412

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

very good but i dont think they would bother with that here we lucky if they would come in after us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

ferrete wrote: »
    very good but i dont think they would bother with that here we lucky if they would come in after us

Stupid ignorant comment. RNLI do an excellent job here and if anything are accused of being over-zealous rather than the opposite.
    P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Stupid ignorant comment. RNLI do an excellent job here and if anything are accused of being over-zealous rather than the opposite.
    P.

My two cousins rescues a Fallow stag from there round feeder a few years ago.
    By the time they had finished they were so cut and bruised from him going ape they wished they had just called me instead!

I myself rescue the odd hedgehog from the cattle grid.
    Some job as they fall in but roll into a ball when you want to get them out.

Lovely little creatures though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

P.

I agree stupid & unwarranted, if you cannot say something constructive, keep it shut:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

The men and women of the RNLI and the rescue services in general put their lives on the line to save yours.

There are none repeat none more courageous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

ferrete wrote: »

Try saying that in the ES forum, big man.

If you had a minimum of integrity and respect,
    if you'd the smallest clue as to what they do,
    if you'd a clue about how many lives they've saved,
    if you'd seen them do as many patterns searching for bodies as I have,
    if you'd seen the weather they sometimes go out in,
    if you'd any idea of how much of their time is wasted,
    if you'd heard as many marroons as I have in the middle of the night,
    you would never ever say that.

If you did say that around here, you might as well move out as noone would give the time of day.

I'd like to say more at a direct personal level, but despite my anger you're not worth the ban.

I will however enjoy having a laugh at your ignorance with my former inshore lifeboatman friend within the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tricky D wrote: »
    Try saying that in the ES forum, big man.

If you had a minimum of integrity and respect,
    if you'd the smallest clue as to what they do,
    if you'd a clue about how many lives they've saved,
    if you'd seen them do as many patterns searching for bodies as I have,
    if you'd seen the weather they sometimes go out in,
    if you'd any idea of how much of their time is wasted,
    if you'd heard as many marroons as I have in the middle of the night,
    you would never ever say that.

If you did say that around here, you might as well move out as noone would give the time of day.

I'd like to say more at a direct personal level, but despite my anger you're not worth the ban.

I will however enjoy having a laugh at your ignorance with my former inshore lifeboatman friend within the hour.

As Tricky said, If it was easy then we would all be doing it!
    I hear the same about the DF yet most would not be able to hack the hard training sleep deprivation and cold and hardship.

Is there something else going on here, some guy says black and the other says white just to cause an argument??

I think this appears to be the case........

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

RNLI
    i have a small boat, hope i never need them.
    but if i do they will be there.
    and i have a Lot of respect for them, and what they do

Advertisement