Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savoury Tart!

Options
  • 14-04-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

I have a block of puff pastry and I fancy making a savoury tart/slice, I have a bunch of coriander so wanna use that, courgette, sundried tomato, plum tomatoes, garlic, shallots, some Mediterranean spiced sausage, cheese.... lots of stuff, now help me put it all together in a tasty way!! Suggestions please? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

kerash wrote: »
    I have a block of puff pastry and I fancy making a savoury tart/slice, I have a bunch of coriander so wanna use that, courgette, sundried tomato, plum tomatoes, garlic, shallots, some Mediterranean spiced sausage, cheese.... lots of stuff, now help me put it all together in a tasty way!! Suggestions please? :)

Take your plum tomatos shop them up and stick them in the blender then add some salt... Blend.

then when its goey take it to a siv so you siv out all the seads and stuff and your left with the juice.

Fry of the sauege and garklic, personally id say 2 cloves is more then enough, you wanna keep the spiced suasage flavour, dice up some shallots, add the sundried tomato, and courjet chop them up chunky...

add tomato juice from your plum tomatoes.. stir and simmer add some black peper some papricka and simmer for a 5 minites, add the roughly shop corander..

Poor into the tarlet set in the oven for 10 at 180 degres and great some chease when serving...

Personally id leave the coriander out and use some mixed herbs or maybe a couple of sleaves of bazil if you have it dont chop them up tho just leave them in the sauce... take them out at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Cut out a circle from the puff pastry using a plate or lid of a container. Using a smaller circle make an indentation on the larger circle to create a rim.

Cook finely diced shallots and sliced garlic in some olive oil with a bay leaf and sprig of thyme until soft. Blitz your sundried tomatoes with some water then add to the pan. Simmer until thickened. Season to taste.

Slice courgette, tomato and sausage very thinly. Try to get them roughly the same size, or at least consistent. Salt the courgette and tomatoes, leave to drain in a colander for 20 mins.

To assemble: spread some of the sundried tomato sauce on the base of a puff pastry disc with the back of a table spoon. Starting from inside the rim, lay a slice of courgette, then tomato, then sausage, repeating the sequence while working your way into the centre of the tart. Sprinkle over a little grated cheese, egg-wash the rim and bake in the oven @ 200c for the pastry to puff and the cheese to melt & brown. Sprinkle over some chopped coriander to finish, and serve.

Advertisement