Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leaflet distributors?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Would anyone recommend some one to distribute leaflets in the Cork Area at a reasonable cost, all the big companies are charging mad money.

please help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

For-in-ers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

So long as they don't steal the milk left at the milkman's customers doors while they're delivering them it's all good.

Find 2 or 3 sixteen year olds and throw them a few bob for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Bonito wrote: »
    Find 2 or 3 sixteen year olds and throw them a few bob for it.

Well that's my Friday night planned...

Giggidy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ecowarm

I need someone reliable, large companies want to charge me €80-120 per 1000, In limerick I have a guy who does it for €30 as he is delivering a local paper at the same time I have 100,000 at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

ecowarm wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend some one to distribute leaflets in the Cork Area at a reasonable cost, all the big companies are charging mad money.

Down syndrome kids will do anything for a lollipop....ANYTHING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

The amount of that crap that fills up my green bin is unbelievable .... please dont bother, if I need a service or product I will google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Why are you bothering to distribute leaflets ? Honestly i don't know why anyone does this anymore in the days of the internet. I get tonnes of leaflets in my post, and whilst I appreciate the free kindling, I never, ever look at them.

Woudl it not be better to spend the money on google ads or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

No. But when you find one tell the fookers to stop climbing over my garden wall or leaving the gate open i just closed...

It p1sses me off so much that thy have no respect for the gardens they enter and then there advertisers expect you to buy there products.

It p1sses me off more that this has been complained about in the past and it has not changed.

and then advertisers wonder why I throw the leaflet straight in the bin....

If they dont listen to me......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

From a business standpoint, flyers, distibuted regularly with non-competitive material are an excellent way of drumming up business.

My business did 3 this year and business income is up 8% on this time last year - when we were doing no advertising.

People (not everyone here) do read them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

100,000 leaflets that no one will read. You could have probably got an ad on tv for the price of those, or at least on the radio. I have never, and will never, do anything but bin the leaflets I get through my door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

wait til the school holidays and pay a gang of kids €20 each to drop them for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

slumped wrote: »
    From a business standpoint, flyers, distibuted regularly with non-competitive material are an excellent way of drumming up business.

My business did 3 this year and business income is up 8% on this time last year - when we were doing no advertising.

People (not everyone here) do read them!

I wonder how much extra business you would have gotten from Google ads or other online ads ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

kiad wrote: »

We have a thanks button. We now need to get a "you're a prick" button.

Post reported for personal abuse

Did I personally abuse you?

You called me a prick, that hurts my feelings. You don't see me going around calling people pricks

Show me where I called you a prick.

Show me where I called you a prick.

If we had a "you're a prick" button then maybe I'd be calling you a prick. Until then we'll just have to wait.

I wish we had a "you're a smug wanker" button

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

If we had a "you're a prick" button then maybe I'd be calling you a prick. Until then we'll just have to wait.

I like your style.

As for the costs of leaflet distribution, thats about right really. if you want it done, you generally have to pay for it. i do it part time for some dance music companies, and they pay well for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Any more of this kind of crap from you and you're gone
    I wish we had a "you're a smug wanker" button

I have a "Ban This User" button, do not force me to use it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

ecowarm wrote: »

Your best bet is to try The Cork City Forum you'll probably get a better answer there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement