Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moveing out of a rented house will i still get my deposit back

Options
  • 14-04-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I moved in to were im liveing at the moment 9 months ago ment to be for a year but the lease i signed was a month to month lease so i sent a registered letter to the landlord to tell them i had to move out wich was recived on the 1st of this month

Now here is why im woried about geting my deposit back i told the land lord when oi was moveing in i had to put up a wodden shed to store some of my stuff i have taken it down a few weeks ago and planted seed for grass but it will not grow so there is a big patch of dead grass i no that he is rell fussy about his grass asking me to make sure it is cut evey week when i was moveing in

Can he hold back money saying he has to lay down grass now just because it will take a while for seeds to grow ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

interesting question. Did you get permission to put up the shed ? also does your lease mention the garden at all ?

right now Id say you could make an argument either way. I dont think it would be fair that he kept some deposit for this but thts not to say it isnt a legitimate out for him to hold back some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Yes i got permission to put up the shed im not sure about the lease id have to read it again

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭rightwingdub

Get in contact with threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Get in contact with threshold.

whys that ? Have you ever contacted threshold ? do you actually know what they do ?

Do you really think there there to answer hypothetical queries about weather damaging somebodies lawn is reason to withold deposit ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Would you get a gardener in to fix it up nicely? I'd prefer to do that myself rather than have the landlord arranging it and charging whatever.

I do think your landlord would be entitled to knock money off your deposit. IMO it would fall under the heading of damage beyond normal wear and tear.

You could risk it and see what the landlord says? Was the permission to put up the shed given with the condition that the garden gets put back to the way it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I was told it was ok to put up the shed noting was said about the grass after i take it down the thing that is i no that a few weeks after i move out the grass will have grow by then

Might be just as well to get a bit of rool out grass

Advertisement