Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.5 SATA laptop hard drive in Dublin??

Options
  • 14-04-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Anyone know the best shops to go in Dublin to buy a 2.5" laptop hard drive can't wait for shipping need a quick fix 80gb is enough (not my laptop)

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

I got a 250gb last week from komplett delievered to the collection point in 2 days for €46. They're doing free delievery now at the moment as far as I know would be worth checking out great value on Hard Drives:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SaturdayNight

Hi, this is my first post so I may be in the wrong place. I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a Lacie hard drive that has a SATA connection which connected to an old PC that died. I would like to attach or even just download the photographs I have on the drive to my new PC. I have tried PC world etc and they say they have nothing I can use. Any help would be much appreciated :) tks, SaturdayNight

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Can you not connect the older drive to your new PC. it should have a spare sata port on the motherboard?

Or this would work: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30843 but you would have to wait about 2 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Hi, this is my first post so I may be in the wrong place. I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a Lacie hard drive that has a SATA connection which connected to an old PC that died. I would like to attach or even just download the photographs I have on the drive to my new PC. I have tried PC world etc and they say they have nothing I can use. Any help would be much appreciated :) tks, SaturdayNight

Hi if you can take out your hard drive using this you can connect it via usb. Hope it helps.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29040

Cudders wrote: »
    I got a 250gb last week from komplett delievered to the collection point in 2 days for €46. They're doing free delievery now at the moment as far as I know would be worth checking out great value on Hard Drives:)

That is SLICK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 SaturdayNight

clancyoo7 wrote: »
    Hi if you can take out your hard drive using this you can connect it via usb. Hope it helps.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.29040

Hi, Unfortunatly the last PC died and we got rid of it. Was in PC World today and they said I need a ESATA to USB adaptor so I'm trying to source where I can get that, Tks of reply :) SaturdayNight

Advertisement