Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sieg Extractor Fan - Help Please!!

Options
  • 14-04-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Sieg extractor fan hood over my cooker. Unfortunatly the circuit board just fried and I need to get a replacement. However I cant seem to find sieg anywhere on the internet (without getting Nazi references!!).

Can anyone help? Do Sieg exist anymore? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

How old is it? Where was it purchased? Try googling the model number. I've never heard of them. There are a good range around at the mo, I'm sure you could replace the unit fairly cheap if necessary. Try ringing electrical wholesalers and electrical suppliers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Hi there,

I have a Sieg cooker hood, and as far as I can remember it was supplied along with all the other kitchen appliances by DID electrical. Maybe you could check them out.
    I do still have the instruction manual and it starts off in Italian,so it could possibly be some variant of Indesit.

Just curious though, how did the circuit board get fried ?
    Did it get covered it grease and just burn up ?
    I have previously repaired a board that was like this without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Son of Stupido

rx8 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have a Sieg cooker hood, and as far as I can remember it was supplied along with all the other kitchen appliances by DID electrical. Maybe you could check them out.
    I do still have the instruction manual and it starts off in Italian,so it could possibly be some variant of Indesit.

Just curious though, how did the circuit board get fried ?
    Did it get covered it grease and just burn up ?
    I have previously repaired a board that was like this without any problems.

Cheers for that. I might try DID so. It seems a simple replacement. Just went bang when I turned it on. Its pushing 7 years now but the box was fairly well sealed. If I can get a new board I can put it in.

There is some italian on a sticker inside. I'll see what comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mda

Hi there,

have you found out anything about Sieg?

Advertisement