Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious wounds!

Options
  • 14-04-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

My dog got what looks like a bite on her rib cage.....its more like 2 puncture holes. We have no idea how she got them. The vet says she was bitten by an animal of some sort...maybe a mink. It is not a dog bite. The only marks on her are two holes. We are quite confussed as to what it could be.

She has been to the vets and checked out and will be ok after a dose of anti biotics but just wondering if anyone has any idea of what it may be?

Mysterious..........:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

To be honest if you have seen a Vet and he gave his opinion, I doubt our crystal balls will fare much better.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

If it looks like a bite, and the vet thinks it's a bite, then it's probably a bite (not being sarcastic, just often times the most obvious answer is the correst one).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Where does your dog sleep? Is your back garden fulled fenced off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Or do you let her run in the fields?

It could just be a cat I suppose, maybe she chased one and cornered it so it attacked her. Or something that bit her in her sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Yes its a bite but I was wondering if anyone knew of any animal that would leave a bite mark like this!

Anyways thanks for your replies :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement