Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning child's shoes

Options
  • 14-04-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

I had my nearly 3 year old son fitted for shoes and I bought him a pair. He wore them for nearly 2 days and was complaining of sore feet so had to go back to his old pair. Is it possible to return these to the shop? Am I entitled to anything?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

I would defo go back with the shoes and bring your son along. It could be that he has a low/high arch and the brand of shoes don't suit him. The shop should be well trained in measuring childrens feet and knowing which brand should suit them.

I cant imagine there would be that much wear on them after 2 days and they will want your repeat business......kids get new shoes every couple of months at his age!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Definitely go back. I bought my daughters first shoes after getting her specially sized. It wasnt until a few weeks later that I noticed a little deformity in the nails on her baby toes. Obviously she didnt wear the shoes again and I never went back. It was like her toe nails had been squashed in from the shoes and even now are very hard to cut, like there is a ridge in them, they were never like that before getting her shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I bought a pair of clarks shoes for my lady and i returned them 1 day later as they cut her accross the ankle bone. They gave me a pair with a lower back. They said she had a low ankle bone but i recon it was just the fitting of the shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

tubos wrote: »
    I had my nearly 3 year old son fitted for shoes and I bought him a pair. He wore them for nearly 2 days and was complaining of sore feet so had to go back to his old pair. Is it possible to return these to the shop? Am I entitled to anything?

Any help is appreciated.

I worked with children's shoes many moons ago.

Sometimes the child has just got so used to the comfort of the old pair and just doesn't like the feel of the new pair. - It can take about 2 weeks for a young child to get used to a new pair.

1 - check the feet for red marks.
    2 - rub your fingers all along the inside of the shoe to see if there is any stitching that is protruding.
    3 - see if your index finger can fit behind the shoe when unlaced
    4 - if a lace shoe, try adjusting the lace near the front of the shoe.

If your son is still feeling sore, ask a senior member of staff in the store to check it out - if its a branded shoes such as clarks / start rite, they'll be very well trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Just to say that happened my little one and they took them back no problems, I did do a swop though, i wasnt looking for my money back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement