Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs road block at Burnfoot

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It looks like the big Reverend Ian himself directing affairs in the youtube clip at 01:25.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ryanstewart

nipplenuts wrote: »
    I did see what happened, but thanks for the advice.

Really? You must have been wearing the customs uniform then? Because apart from customs and gardai, it was the lady and her daughter, and myself who were the only other ones there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Really? You must have been wearing the customs uniform then? Because apart from customs and gardai, it was the lady and her daughter, and myself who were the only other ones there.

You are lucky they didn't arrest you for obstructing The Guards or/and customs while in the course of their duty.
    Who invited you there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

You might have missed me in the crowded Supervalu carpark. There were about 40 other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭ryanstewart

nipplenuts wrote: »
    You might have missed me in the crowded Supervalu carpark. There were about 40 other people.

So you weren't at her home then. Nor were you in the car park - it happened to be outside Lidl-about 2 miles from Supervalu - so get your facts straight and stop talking bull - or are you just so blinded by the customs uniforms you failed to recognise where you were?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Joe 90

changes wrote: »
    Yeah it is engine size for all cars pre 2008 and based on emissions after 2008.

The majority of diesel cars on the road are 1.9 or 2.0L so thats €580 and €614 for older cars compared to an average of €150 for post 2008 diesel cars.

By the was my 1.9 diesel is costing me €580 on the old rules however if i was allowed to apply the new rules i'd only be paying €300 (6 yr old car).

If you can afford to buy a new car you then get to pay peanuts for your road tax....makes me very angry!!!

Also your 98 car will have to go through the NCT every year after 2011... so buy a new car or get the bus seems to be their aim!!!
    I wouldn't call €300 cheap by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

Just paid mine today €1049 , hard earned these days but the relief when I got the plates well worth it, good arguments on both sides of this but cant risk my wife getting stopped, you could say I gave in , but equally the safety and comfort of my family is more important to me than that of all those people on Facebook or Boards, and sorry but it is illegal !! Has anyone mentioned the fact that anyone driving northern registered vehicles here are not properly insured and are putting other road users futures at risk. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

except, of course, drivers who live in NI and pay tax and insurance thru' home addresses there.

Render unto Caesar and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Look folks it all boils down to one thing If you dont pay VRT you are breaking the law As much as i hate VRT, its against the law, if you break the law you have to pay the concquences.

Say for example a woman gets beat up by a man would you expect him to get away with it? the person not paying the VRT is guilty....

Weather we agree with the VRT issue or not, in my case i hate VRT but i still pay it to be on the right side of the law and to avoid aggro (although you do still sometimes get as, as ive stated way back at the start of the post).

It is my opinion that the costums have actully done the right thing re this woman they left her be in the car park, where they would have been fully right to force her from the car if she was driving the car illegally, they let her get on with it and lifted it the next morning. Unlike what they were doing in burnfoot and being nasty towards people!

Bottem line brake the law, and expect to pay the concequences!

Advertisement