Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help Please

• 14-04-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi
    Im having problems with my pc i have had this issue for a while now and cant find the solution.Every time I try to play games like Bad Company 2,Left 4 Dead or Call of Duty my pc turns off without warning after playing for 10-15 mins. I do not know what is causing this,but the strange thing is i can play Counter Strike Source fine. I have recently bought the Antec 1200 case and used the cable managment featureto increse air flow because i thought it was a thermal issue, but it is still the same. Some parts are only temporary but just want to know why my pc is failing.:eek:

Any help on what would be causing this :D

System specs:
    Case: Antec 1200
    Motherboard: Foxconn A7VMX-K
    Cpu: AMD Phenom X4 9650
    Psu: Advance EA4g 750W
    Gpu: Zotac Gtx 275 896mb GDDR3

Comments

Mostly likely cpu thermal shutdown. use coretemp to ensure your cpu is within thermal specs when running prime95 or orthos. If temps are ok then next guess is psu is feeding unstable voltage to the board under load. Again prime will help determine this, if themalis ok and shutdown occurs underload its most likely psu. To check this get a copy of lavalys everest and it will give a readout of what voltages the board, cpu and ram are recieving under load (prime 95) and idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KoMpLeTe_ChAoS

thanks for the reply
    will try that if it dosint work I will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KoMpLeTe_ChAoS

right after getting a technician out the problem is my psu fails and I didn't have enough amperage as my graphics card needs 40amps and the psu only delivers 20amps on 12v rails (sum **** like that) lol
    well because I could not play highly graphics games and could play counter strike source was because as the gpu is hounding for more power my psu couldn't deliver it thus causing the system to shut down
    if you are having a similar prob try this before getting a technition out

1.right click on my computer

2.go to manage

3.this brings you to the system logs (when the pc fails it will automatcally make a dump file displaying the error that made the system mess-up.

4.go to administrator logs and look for critical this will display the dump files left by the OS.

5. depending on your problem the log says different for me it said Kernel-Power which points out the power supply.

Hope this helps :D

Advertisement