Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the playpen; A Neurotic

• 14-04-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Ladies and Gents, this week we have the pleasure of C&H’s very own Robin Hood gracing us in the playpen.

While growing up a young A Neurotic became increasingly frustrated with the wide scale social injustice in the world. He vied for a world where rich and poor would one day eat mallows together. So to make this dream a reality he set out in a batman style vigilante like manner and began robbing from the rich and so forth. Alas the irony of stealing part of Grafton Street itself was lost on most people.

However, forever a fan of faffing, most of the takings from his noble exploits have yet to make their way to the poor. Hailed by the masses as a hero and a martyr and by a select few a creep and a thief, his nobleness remains a shining example of heroism in our bleak, bleak, world.

A man of many talents, a connoisseur of a fine meatball marinara, a big indie kid and a master of faffery. He should prove to be a source of much amusement over the next few days. I give you A Neurotic;
    3516dqx.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

What did you do with the tray?

Did the toilet rolls ever make their way to.... whoever they were making their way to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Which annoyed you more whilst trick-or-treating as a kid, the monkey nuts (wheh wheh wheh) or the mouldy fruit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

My standard questions:

Favourite meaning of \o/?

Cake or death?

Do you dance.. if not, why not? ;_;

What annoys you most about society? What's your favourite thing about it?

Less generic:

What is your favourite thing about studying medicine, and your least favourite?

What is love? (Only one correct answer here.. :P)

Can we have Monday we-time again soon?

Moar KFC and thus alienating your girlfriend further? :pac:

When is our shotgun wonderful happy wedding built on love, and not force, oh no? >_>

More when I think of 'em. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Who writes these opening posts?

Yes, I want you to answer it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Dia Dhuit, cad a cheapann tu faoi an Gaeilge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Heaviest band you listen to?

Penis or Lemon?

Why arent you a stout man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

What did you do with the tray? It is now sitting on top of my printer, acting as some kind of officey-posty-inbox-outbox kinda thing for my notes and such. I like it!

Did the toilet rolls ever make their way to.... whoever they were making their way to? Not yet, the Toilet Rolls for All Scheme is going to be rolled out (ahaha) gradually over the next 3 weeks.
    Which annoyed you more whilst trick-or-treating as a kid, the monkey nuts (wheh wheh wheh) or the mouldy fruit? Retrospectively, what annoys me most is that I went around with some form of modified feminine garment as part of my Dracula costume. How embarrassing!
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    My standard questions:

Favourite meaning of \o/? Vag Happy person <_<

Cake or death? I'll have the salmon, please

Do you dance.. if not, why not? ;_; J'aime beaucoup danser! (dancer? danser? Oh, how quickly the stuff falls out of my brain...) I enjoy dancing like a lunatic on a night out, and in TY at our school's christmas concert I did a saucy little Dirty Dancing style number with Cinderella at the ball. Oh, and I also background danced to "We're All in This Together" from High School Musical at the following christmas concert. It was an absolute lolfest, I kept laughing at my rhythmless friend beside me. OH, and also the following year at the gaeltacht for a talent show my house did the same dance, much slower, to a deadpan pre-programmed song on a keyboard. It was an absolute pisstake, and it went down well :D The priomhoide said I was the next Michael Flatley. Lol.

What annoys you most about society? What's your favourite thing about it? Many, many, many things about society piss me off, but the one that probably annoys me the most proportionally (considering it's not particularly terrible in itself and doesn't cause any harm, per se) would have to be celebrity worship and the whole culture of dumb skanks it's nourishing. Seriously, magazine stands in shops make me angry. And when I see people who spend their whole lives watching Eastenders and the Corrie and then Emmerdale and then Hollyoaks and then My Super Sweet 16 and then The Hills... they get so absorbed in stupid fictional lives that they forget to go have their own. GRAGH. It's irrational to hate that aspect of society more than, you know... actual social injustices and such, but that's just the way I'm wired!

Less generic:

What is your favourite thing about studying medicine, and your least favourite? Favourite thing: Knowing that I'm studying what I love, and, well, feeling like I "belong". Cheesey but true, although my exam results may fail to reflect this sentiment :rolleyes:

Least favourite: Having to learn complicated biochemical cascades in a level of detail that will probably never be required of me, ever, depending on what specialty I end up in.

What is love? (Only one correct answer here.. :P)
    BABY DON'T HURT ME!

Can we have Monday we-time again soon? Please. I'm free 24/7 but this week I've developed a habit of getting up late and only getting into the library at around 5, then staying until 1 or 2. Not good. I'll try and get it sorted by Monday :)

Moar KFC and thus alienating your girlfriend further? :pac: I'm always in the mood for both.

When is our shotgun wonderful happy wedding built on love, and not force, oh no? >_> When the third blue moon of the semester lights the fairy caves in Denver. Then, then we shall be wed.

More when I think of 'em. <3
    <3 to you too!
    Who writes these opening posts?

Yes, I want you to answer it..I wrote it, and forced Craguls to post it for me on pain of death. I think it really reflects how amazing I am, in terms of Robin Hood.

Shinty-six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

The old reliables:

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?

Best compliment you've ever received?

5 things you like about yourself?

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?

Any fears/phobias?

Any interest in politics?

Are you ticklish?

What do you do when you need cheering up?

Pet peeves?

Guilty pleasures?

Bottled water,yay or nay?

Proudest achievements?

Best "mistake" you've ever made?

What inspires you?

How would your friends describe you?

Do you dream in colour?

More when I think of them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ....the3rd

GO GET A LIFE U SADDOS....GET SOME FRIENDS AND SAVE YOURSELVES, FROM A SAD LIFE OF BEING STUCK BEHIND A SCREEN!!!!!

Favourite song?
    Favourite quote?

Do you like maths?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

..That's not a question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

....the3rd wrote: »
    GO GET A LIFE U SADDOS....GET SOME FRIENDS AND SAVE YOURSELVES, FROM A SAD LIFE OF BEING STUCK BEHIND A SCREEN!!!!!

.. someone needs a hug!

That was quick banning. Impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Fad's gave me you the idea for the opening. Credit where credit's due and all that.

Favourite Frightened Rabbit song?

Favourite thing about Dublin since you moved up?

Favourite aspect of boards?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Do you think "The Second 3rd annual jizzler awards" works as a title? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

On scale of 1 - 43 how much do you like faffing?

On a scale of 1 - 61 how good are you at faffing?

When was the last time you faffed?

What was your favourite ever faff?

On average, how many times do you think you faff a week?

What are your views on faff abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

if you could change one thing,what would it be?

What colour is your hair?

favourite thing you've "released" from someone's ownership?

How's things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

What's your favourite magazine (if any)?

Do you generally get your 5-a-day?

Favourite piece of nostalgia?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

What boardsie have you known the longest IRL?
    For the boardsies that you know IRL too, where did you meet them first on boards or IRL?
    Did you make up the word faffing or?...
    Any interest in gaa at all?
    :)

The old reliables:

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given? Trying and failing to come up with something more original than "be yourself" here. I'm sure my many brothers have dispensed invaluable nuggets of wisdom throughout the years, I just can't think of any specifically >_<

Best compliment you've ever received? You do tough questions. I've been told by some people that I make them happy. I can't really think of a better compliment than that.

5 things you like about yourself? I like that I'm confident enough to list off some things I genuinely like about myself and not care if I sound arrogant :p
    I like that I'm kind of perceptive. I've been told many times that I pick up on stuff that others don't. No doubt I miss some glaringly obvious stuff as well though...
    I also like to think that I'm empathetic. I've always thought I had a sense for "getting" people. Though of course there's absolutely no way of knowing if I'm right or wrong. Still, Yoh Asakura from Shaman King said it best - everyone has their reasons for doing what they do. Just have to figure out what they are.
    I like that I somehow acquired a brain that lets me be good at learnings.
    I like that I'm interested in stuff! Science, music, philosophy, languages, literature... I like lots of things, keeps life varied :)

Languages you'd love to learn to speak? I have LC French, but it's rusted extremely quickly. I'd love to be proficient in that before starting anything else. After that, I think I'd stick with Romantic/general European languages, rather than getting into Asian ones or any craaaazy shít like that

Any fears/phobias? I'm ever so slightly claustrophobic. The thought of crawling in a tight space scares me. I just imagine getting wedged somehow and not being able to reverse out. I'm ok with most vertical situations though! Nothing else springs to mind, other than a pinch of nervousness of heights.

Any interest in politics? Very, very little. Politics in general just annoys me. It's probably just cos I don't actually understand most of it. I dislike things I don't understand.

Are you ticklish? I have been known to squirm in my time :pac:

What do you do when you need cheering up? Usually? I listen to depressing music and just wallow in the bad mood for a while. Cheering up comes in its own time...

Pet peeves? Faux American accents on Irish advertising, GRAGH.

Guilty pleasures? I don't believe in them! Why should anyone feel guilty about something they like!? Although, to be fair, my Pokemon habit was kept under wraps slightly for most of secondary school. College doesn't mind so it's back now :)

Bottled water,yay or nay? Yay. I've never experienced an unpleasant bottle?

Proudest achievements? Hmm. I was quite proud of my Leaving Cert, but it's a big load of shíte at the end of the day really. Eh, do I have any achievements? Dayum...

Best "mistake" you've ever made? Back in TY when we were given our forms for subject options for Leaving Cert, I chose Chemistry, French, Music and Geography as my top 4 subjects. Over the summer, I discovered that I hadn't gotten my top 4 - the classes hadn't worked out that way to suit me. Into Biology I went, somewhat indifferently. I'm now studying it in college :D

What inspires you? I tend to find inspiration in music and lyrics, like most music lovers... It's odd, music and the written word seem to inspire me more than anything or anyone real or tangible. Interesting.

How would your friends describe you? A cúnt.

Do you dream in colour? What a lovely question. Yes, yes indeed I do!

More when I think of them. :)Hats off, some serious head-scratchers there!
    GO GET A LIFE U SADDOS....GET SOME FRIENDS AND SAVE YOURSELVES, FROM A SAD LIFE OF BEING STUCK BEHIND A SCREEN!!!!! I'm quite happy behind my screen, thank you.
    Favourite song? Too hard. There's so many. One that jumps to mind is The Trapeze Swinger by Iron&Wine. It's just freaking beautiful and heartbreaking and amazing. 9 and a half minutes of bliss.
    Favourite quote? Time to whip out some motherf*cking Dumbledore.

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

"It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Do you like maths? I rather do. I was really good at Junior Cert level, and of course liked it. Got a bit sick of it over TY and 5th year but then got properly back into it in 6th year. Very satisfying. I've never looked at anything other than school maths though...
    Dia Dhuit, cad a cheapann tu faoi an Gaeilge?I'll answer in English lest I alienate some of our precious demographic. I like Irish very much! Went to a gaeltacht in Connemara four summers in a row and had the time of my life. Absolutely hated the school subject though. I'm actually in an Irish language living scheme in Trinity, whereby I live in one of two apartments in the first year accommodation where we speak Irish and organise events and such. In theory...
    Fad wrote: »
    Heaviest band you listen to? Haven't listened properly to anything heavy in many moons... probably SOAD, back in the day. One of my favourites, not the heaviest though.

Penis or Lemon? Penis-scented lemon towelettes.

Why arent you a stout man? I likes my cider, and lately, my Malibu. I do not enjoy the taste of stout.
    ..That's not a question? Debatable.
    .. someone needs a hug!? Is this an offer, or a request?
    That was quick banning. Impressive!? Very
    Craguls wrote: »
    Fad's gave me you the idea for the opening. Credit where credit's due and all that.

Favourite Frightened Rabbit song? Ack, very tough. It used to always be Good Arms vs Bad Arms, but lately I've been inspired by Head Rolls Off.

When my blood stops, someone else's will not.
    When my head rolls off, someone else's will turn
    So while I'm alive, I'll make tiny changes to Earth.

Beautiful.

Favourite thing about Dublin since you moved up? It's much more my kind of place. Far less scorn for being oneself. Slightly giddying freedom. Easy access to various Subway stores.

Favourite aspect of boards? The fact that all my (let's face facts here people) sad loser internet boards msn friends are now super-duper tangible real-life amazing friends!

I must say, your agapanthuses are flourishing.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Do you think "The Second 3rd annual jizzler awards" works as a title? :DAnything with that much jizz can't be bad.
    Jako8 wrote: »
    On scale of 1 - 43 how much do you like faffing? 43. I am a hardcore fan of faffing.

On a scale of 1 - 61 how good are you at faffing? I'mma say 50. I have the basic natural ability, I just need to build on it. I haven't been practicing as much as I should, but I know I can improve.

When was the last time you faffed? I had a bit of a faff in the kitchen earlier with a cup of tea. Nothing too strenuous.

What was your favourite ever faff? I skipped a class in 3rd year to do some faffing with a guy in my year. We were just kind of becoming friends and now we're like totally BFFs. Also, the faffage with classmates over coffee after tutorials these last few weeks was really lovely. And the faffing on various pieces of grass in sunshine this weekend past was exquisite.

On average, how many times do you think you faff a week? I try to fit it in at least once a day, so I'll say 10.

What are your views on faff abuse? I hear it can cause Lollygag Deficiency.
    if you could change one thing,what would it be? One thing? About what or whom? I would probably make it so that all €1 coins are actually worth €1,000,000, thereby eradicating poverty forever.

What colour is your hair? Rustic Autmnal Sunset Red/Brown

favourite thing you've "released" from someone's ownership? I think I'm happiest with my piece of Grafton St. It's sitting on top of my noticeboard thing in front of my desk <3

How's things? Things is really good bro! Haven't seen you in a while. We simply must do lunch.
    syncosised wrote: »
    What's your favourite magazine (if any)? Happiness is a National Geographic or New Scientist or something similar. I used to be really into gaming, so was a big consumer of those mags, but have been off that for years now.

Do you generally get your 5-a-day? Does cider count? I've taken to purchasing and consuming apples with/for breakfast/lunch lately, and orange juice, but I don't think I quite manage 5...

Favourite piece of nostalgia? Probably the gaeltacht. Sometimes I just catch a whiff of it somehow and drift off back there in my head for a while. Also miss secondary school sometimes. But not often.
    deise_girl wrote: »
    What boardsie have you known the longest IRL? I first met Jesus_Juice at the tender age of... no idea, I was probably like 8 or 9 or something. I also first encountered Mr. ShligoBrewer a couple of years ago. In fact, come to think of it, it was he who introduced me to boards. Mindfúck.

For the boardsies that you know IRL too, where did you meet them first on boards or IRL? Boards, almost all. A guy in my class joined boards a couple of weeks ago. Met Brewer through mutual Sligo/gaeltacht friends, but via msn somehow. I met him in Sligo last year, but I was on boards at that stage. All the others, I knew on boards before IRL. How tragic.

Did you make up the word faffing or?... Eh, I'm not sure. I may have. Has anyone heard it before?

Any interest in gaa at all? Sorry now, but I really dislike it :p I played (and enjoyed) football and hurling until I was about 16 or 17, when I got lazy, but I have this impression of a certain type of person when I think of GAA, and it's not a stereotype I like... I find it's all too accurate though.
    :)

Constant vigilance!

BratzTheMovie1678_f.jpg
    Great movie?
    or GREATEST movie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Faffing outdates dearest A Neurotic. Tragic.

As with SarcasticFairy, I haz no questions.

Ehhhhm

What is the meaning of life?

Describe yourself in 7 words (cúnt's too obvious. Can't use that one).

Are you really jealous of Craguls' ability to dress like a pokémaster?

Have you ever reaaaaally disappointed yourself?

Do you like turtles?

Craguls wrote: »
    BratzTheMovie1678_f.jpg
    Great movie?
    or GREATEST movie? Changed my life. BRATITUDE FOREVER!
    Faffing outdates dearest A Neurotic. Tragic.

As with SarcasticFairy, I haz no questions.

Ehhhhm

What is the meaning of life? 42 seems like too easy an answer. I'm going to put my cynical hat on and say that life is a fortunate accident. It's good craic though.

Describe yourself in 7 words (cúnt's too obvious. Can't use that one). Late 30's, slim, good sense of humour

Are you really jealous of Craguls' ability to dress like a pokémaster? More than I'd like to admit. And that Sonic bag. What an ensemble.

Have you ever reaaaaally disappointed yourself? I don't think I've ever majorly done so - nothing life-changing or serious. Hmm.

Do you like turtles? Squirtle Squad for life.

The_Squirtle_Squad_by_Red_Flare.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

And the snuggie he keeps in the Sonic Bag ^

<3

And the snuggie he keeps in the Sonic Bag ^

<3

Sonic Bag led to me having a lovely chat with the manager with GAME today. Might have an interview in a few weeks \o/

Favourite game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

How do you like your toast?

Do you find Isaac Brock somewhat intimidating or a lovable and huggable fellow of the highest affability?

Is Craguls the Krang to your Shredder?

You've just saved the world from some evil genius. After calmly walking out of a cloud of smoke you've the chance to utter something infinitely cool. What would you say?

What would you title your autobiography?

Do you ever look at the sky in a poetic kind of way?

Hmm. In terms of story and involvement, it's probably Deus Ex. FPS with a fantastic plot, very open in terms of direction, looads of different paths to take/ways to do everything, and with a lot of genuinely tense/scary moments. I love it to bits.

Overall, I'd probably have to go for Devil May Cry 3. Again, brilliant story; far more linear than Deus Ex, but with more straightforward, really enjoyable gameplay. Some amazingly dramatic cutscenes, some stupidly fantastic OTT ones.

I should really fire up the old PS2 this summer.

Monzo wrote: »
    How do you like your toast? The whiter side of brown, lots of butter, with heaps of scrambled eggs on top preferably...

Do you find Isaac Brock somewhat intimidating or a lovable and huggable fellow of the highest affability? Intimidating, definitely. I mean, he's probably not all that bad, but I can't imagine him giving a teary eyed dedication to a loved one at a show.

Is Craguls the Krang to your Shredder? I had to google this reference.

Krang.JPG

Yes. Yes he is

You've just saved the world from some evil genius. After calmly walking out of a cloud of smoke you've the chance to utter something infinitely cool. What would you say? Well I guess he found that... un-BEAR-able :cool:

What would you title your autobiography? Will There Ever be a Rainbow?

Do you ever look at the sky in a poetic kind of way? Totally, I'm really deep. I also, like, read books and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

If you were a superhero what would be your power?

Favourite everyday insignificant thing?

oh and I just thought of this one(seriously I fail at asking people questions but I'm pretty proud of this one....please god you've read the His dark materials...if you havn't it's grand)

If you had a dæmon what would it be?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement