Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Upgrade - What to pick

Options
  • 14-04-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    according to the O2 website, i'm eligible for an upgrade to a new phone with €30 call credit. having had a nokia 6030 for the past 4 years though still in good condition, i've decided i might get a new phone. i've been browsing and have narrowed it down to the following phones:
    1. Sony Ericsson Naite
    2. Sony Ericsson T715
    3. Samsung Solid B2100
    4. Samsung C3010 + 1GB card
    5. Nokia 5130 Silver Xpress Music + 1GB
    6. Nokia 2220
    anyone who has these phones, could ye give me your opinions on them and any faults ye had with them? thanks
    i haven't had time to go through all the specs of the phones, but i'm not too bothered about all the features the phone has but i'd like it to have a music player (if it doesn't but it's a better phone, i'll go with that) - should be able to play *.mp3 and *.wma , easy keys to text with, good, big easy-to-read screen. other features like internet, radio, video player, games, etc, etc, i'm not really bothered with them.

thanks for your help guys.

Comments

Personally, I would recommend either of the Sony Ericssons' here, they will play almost any format of music.

On the size of the buttons, the T715 has well seperated buttons, not too easy to press 2 at the same time.
    The Naite is a handy wee number of a phone but overall it's quite small compared to the others on the list and the keypad's not that big/separated.
    The bound is a good phone in the respect that it will take any abuse you can throw it at. The music player on the other hand is quite basic compared with the SonyEricssons.

I'm not familiar with the last 3 here, so I won't comment on them but I will say, take a tour into a local shop and feel them in your hand - get an idea of which you prefer, you're the one gonna be using it every day.

Advertisement