Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponge cake recipe ok for making buns?

Options
  • 14-04-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

I know there's tons of bun recipes but made a really nice choccy sponge cake the other day and was wondering before I waste precious cocoa, if I used the exact same mix and put it into bun cases would the buns turn out ok.
    It's pretty much a traditional all in one sponge cake with cocoa added..what do you rekon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

IMO it should be grand but just adjust the cooking time a little.
    I tend to use the same vanilla cake receipe as bun mixture and I've never had a problem before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yeah that should be grand, my best chocolate bun mix is actually a cake mix that made a nice cake but makes awesome buns. Just adjust the cooking time as mentioned, for almost all my buns and cupcakes it's 180 degrees for 20ish minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Nice one, will be trying them out this weekend. Now have to think of a nice flavoured topping for them. Orange flavour perhaps.

Advertisement