Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon Championship details

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll sketch up some better sketches for the Smeargle and Irish Flag Ball in Paintshop and blast 'em up here.

Ba-dum-tssh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭over9000dvd

I'll sketch up some better sketches for the Smeargle and Irish Flag Ball in Paintshop and blast 'em up here.

Whichever the Board.ies like we can settle with. As a prototype I'll use iron-on transfers to see how it looks. You don't have to be going to VGC to get a T-shirt guys!

There is nothing stopping us getting T-shirts printed professionally, it would be a great way for new members to spot us at the Spire for our Meet Ups!

cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Guten Tag meine Freunde! Dieses ist das Deutsches Finalkampf in der älteren Abteilung von Koln!

As I think of it and have your attention, would anyone like some simple guides on things like IVs, Evs, VGC battles and stuffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

The Kyogre/Palkia combo wins again

freyaplus wrote: »
    The Kyogre/Palkia combo wins again
    I'm working on nullifying that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'm ashamed to have Palkia on my team, but with out one... As I have learned, we really have no hope.

Well, not 'till our resident finalist comes to an amazing conclusion or black and white throw something AMAZING at us.

BBC Switch video is on youtube. Some of us appear in the background

I'm going to put this out here again.

I will be going to VGC Madrid this weekend with SamIamNot. IF ANYONE WANTS TO I will get them a Shiny Eevee in their HEART GOLD or SOUL SILVER (not DPP), but you must be able to meet me in person BEFORE Friday Night (I don't trust anPost to get game cards to me in time). I will then ge the VGC, get your Shiny Eevee and return your game card by Monday at the earliest.

Oh and I've not forgotten the T-shirt idea. I'm attempting to get it running by Saturday so that SamIamNot and I can fly the flag for Ireland. Have a sneaky peak of it as a Work In Progress:
    WIP.jpg
    Does anyone want to suggest a name for this Smeargle?

Buzz used SKETCH!
    FinalDesignTest.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I'm going to put this out here again.

I will be going to VGC Madrid this weekend with SamIamNot. IF ANYONE WANTS TO I will get them a Shiny Eevee in their HEART GOLD or SOUL SILVER (not DPP), but you must be able to meet me in person BEFORE Friday Night
    If it's not too personal a question (and since you suggested it, it shouldn't be :) ) how would one go about doing that?
    Does anyone want to suggest a name for this Smeargle?
    Well, the only two irish painters I can think of are Bacon and Orpen, neither of which make for great names.... or do they? Bacon the Boardsie Smeargle? Nah....Fergal sounds too much like Feargle... Only other artists I can think of are piss artists like Podge and Rodge... How about Splodge? :)

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    If it's not too personal a question (and since you suggested it, it shouldn't be :) ) how would one go about doing that?
    I'm meet people in town whenever and when ever suits them. You can just pm me and I'll send you on my phone number and we can work anything else out from there.
    Banjo wrote: »
    Well, the only two irish painters I can think of are Bacon and Orpen, neither of which make for great names.... or do they? Bacon the Boardsie Smeargle? Nah....Fergal sounds too much like Feargle... Only other artists I can think of are piss artists like Podge and Rodge... How about Splodge? :)
    Wasn't Francis Bacon gay? Our Smeargle could be gay too :p I like Splodge, but I'm open to all ideas ^_^

I'm going to fix a few deals and get the final image up and out in the world ASAP

Great work Buzz, brilliant drawing.

I like Fergal, Irish name and also sounds like the dreared Feargle,

Best of luck to you and Sam on Saturday, we'll be rooting for you;)

freyaplus wrote: »
    Great work Buzz, brilliant drawing.

I like Fergal, Irish name and also sounds like the dreared Feargle,

Best of luck to you and Sam on Saturday, we'll be rooting for you;)
    Thank you for all your support, I'm getting so nervous about the VGC, I can't seem to settle on any one team. One idea going around my head is a Smeargle, so I'll have to call it Fergal if I go ahead with that idea.

I cleaned up the artwork, so here's my final design:
    FinalDesignJpegBuzz.jpg
    I painted over the basic text to give the idea of Feargle painted it. I know it looks a little sloppy, but he has a big tail brush...

I just have to buy a cheapy white T-Shirt since I found my T-Shirt transfers.

Oh god it's so close now the nerves are building! My wedding will be nothing compared to this Pressure!

Sorry for the double posting but here's the prototypes of the T-Shirt. I made mine first and SamIamNot's after that. These were simply made using cheapy T-shirts (€1.50 for SamIamNot's and €2 for mine) and iron-on transfers.

It's really hard to take a good photo of yourself at arm's length!
    DSCN1254.jpg
    and have a random shot of the image on my chest. The logo is cool as it sits nicely on my chest IMO :p
    DSCN1255.jpg
    and this is SamIAmNot's. Notice how I corrected the fade on the Boards logo buy ironing that area for longer
    DSCN1256.jpg
    and here's it hanging up, I hope it fits him!
    DSCN1257.jpg

Excellent job!

Excellent job!
    Thanks! Maybe I should start taking orders :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Impressive design work! Good luck to both of you on Saturday :)

elekid wrote: »
    Impressive design work! Good luck to both of you on Saturday :)
    Thank you all for your support, I'll need it anyway, I'm so nervous!! ^_^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

There's nothing to be nervous about. It's simple : Just beat all the other guys' pokemons and bring home the gold!

Best of luck to all in Madrid tomorrow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

dont worry buzz. Pokemon are pokemon, battles are battles, no matter what lanuage they are in. Best of luck.

Hi guys just to let you know SamIamNot have attended the VGC here in Madrid. Unfortunally SamIamNot got knocked out in the third round while I kept the flag for Ireland flying up to Top 16. We also met random Irish people, friendly Belgium dude and I evolved into a Media Whore according to SamIamNot, after I had 4 interviews.

Full write up to come shortly!! Thank you all for your support! =)

The Videogamer.com video on the Birmingham championship is finally up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

And, 57 seconds in, look who's there

We actually pop up quite a bit in the vid. I suppose it was inevitable when queuing behind the presenter and misty :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

We actually pop up quite a bit in the vid. I suppose it was inevitable when queuing behind the presenter and misty :P

Was going to say that. Ideal queueing spot then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

We appear so many times in that video, awesome!

elekid wrote: »
    We appear so many times in that video, awesome!
    It crashed half way through for me :'(

Advertisement