Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV selling Tournament Edition FightSticks

Options
  • 14-04-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

Was just in HMV on Grafton St and noticed they were selling the Mad Catz Tournament Edition FightSticks (round 2, which I think is just a paint job on the originals). They are also selling the pads.

170 euro is not cheap but I've heard nothing but good things about these and they seem hard to get in Ireland. I bought one so as of now at least 1 left, they probably have more in the back.

And no, I don't work for HMV :) Only posting this because these sticks are difficult to get in Ireland, or at least have been.

http://www.madcatz.com/productinfo.asp?page=347&GSProd=4697&GSCat=130&CategoryImg=PS3_Controllers

8838RD2.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Unfortunately they waited far too long for most of us here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Afaik you can get them delivered off amazon for 130ish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

They're selling the fightpads for 25,great value-but nearly two hundred quid for an arcade stick? I'd love to but I'll have to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Probably, I posted this really just for the interest of anyone who wanted to get it in Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah they've had them for a while, would love one but the cost is just too high for me. Picked up a fightpad for 25 euro though, which is definitely a significant improvement over the 360 controller. Then again, playing with a guitar controller would almost be superior to the 360 controller :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Then again, playing with a guitar controller would almost be superior to the 360 controller :p

LOL :D
    would love one but the cost is just too high for me.
    Yeah I probably have too much disposable income. My friend who was with me thought I was nuts! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was mad after that Tournament ones but the prices were ridiculous and like Doc said..too late now..

I bought Hori one with SF4 but never bothered using it..
    If anyone fancys making me an offer for it I'll let it go cheaply..or a trade for a game or two..
    I had it up on adverts before..

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=127534&cat=500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Dreddybajs wrote: »

AFAIK Amazon don't deliver consoles and bulky electrical goods to the RoI, or is that Play.com I'm thinking of?

Wicknight wrote: »
    Yeah I probably have too much disposable income. My friend who was with me thought I was nuts! :)
    Your friend just doesn't understand :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wicknight wrote: »
    LOL :D

You should see how many sticks and pads I have dedicated to just fighting games in my house... it aint nuts at all to trade money for time, we all do that when we can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Creature wrote: »
    AFAIK Amazon don't deliver consoles and bulky electrical goods to the RoI, or is that Play.com I'm thinking of?

Probably play as I got my SE from amazon and jim recently got a TE from there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Creature wrote: »

Amazon never delivered Electronic Goods to Ireland, but started to about a year or so ago. As Sisko said I got a TE delivered from there about a month ago. Got the cheapest shipping and it arrived in about 3 or 4 days iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Shopto have the new sticks for 100 sterling, not sure if they ship sticks to Ireland though

http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3AC24-Super%20Street%20Fighter%204%20Tournament%20Edition%20S%20Fightstick%20Black.html

omfg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Sisko wrote: »
    omfg!

96777.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

is this the same as the first one that was released? just different faceplate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    is this the same as the first one that was released? just different faceplate?

Yup same innards, juust different artwork (better imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Orim wrote: »
    Yup same innards, juust different artwork (better imo)

They've said they've fixed the problems with the original sticks but this is Madcatz we're talking about so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Might be the same inside or whatever but its a totally new stick not just art work changes. I really like the look of this TE , much rather it to the older one with those bits sticking out at the sides.

I plan to buy one

1240330-3e8s_super.jpg

1240329-2zrlru8_super.jpg

some day. .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Wrong stick Sisko.

We're taking about round 2 TEs not the super ones.

The super ones are nice but those buttons would drive me nuts. Would have to swap them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Man that setup is so nice :(

I ordered my TE Round 2 off Amazon and it arrived quickly and it cost me around the same as it does in HMV. This was just after New Years Eve though so it might have dropped in price a little online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement