Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture removal question.

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

My sister has asked me to get some advice: she and her husband are moving house. Their new house is only 1 mile from where they are now. They only require help with a few large items: 2 double beds, tables, fridge, dishwasher etc. Anyway she was quoted €650 by a moving company for 4 hours work. Now maybe that is the going rate, but funds are tight and she would like to do better. Can any recommend anyone cheaper to do the job? I have offered to help and was thinking of recommending hiring a van and doing it ourselves.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

Go onto gumtree.ie and search for 'man with van'. There are any amount of lads there looking for business. I got one this week to move a couch across the city - about an hrs work - €30

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im sorry but the forum is for construction/refurb/product/labour prices etc.

You could try the link above or have a root round our sister site, Adverts.ie

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement