Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women's Reasons to Run 5k - Greystones

• 14-04-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

http://www.reasonstorun5k.com/

Anyone signed up for this?

It's on in Charlesland, Greystones on May 2nd.

I live really close by so I've entered.

20 quid is a bit steep though. The t-shirts better be good!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

annieee wrote: »
    http://www.reasonstorun5k.com/

20 quid is a bit steep though.

well it's not bad considering they guarantee you 'loose' weight and improve your sex life!

can men enter this?

or do we just hang around at the finish?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

jb-ski wrote: »
    well it's not bad considering they guarantee you 'loose' weight and improve your sex life!

can men enter this?

or do we just hang around at the finish?;)

;)

The spelling error is annoying alright. :confused:

20 quid to improve your sex life can't be bad. I'm glad I signed up now. Looking forward to it - after all i need all the help to strenghten my bones I can get. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

I'm undecided about this one, it's local, but €20 is a bit much, despite all the claims of marvellous things it's going to do for me (and my husband :p)!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

I know some of the organisers & they are very genuine about promoting athletics in the county. I heard the post race food last year was great & all I know who ran, enjoyed the race.

AJCOT wrote: »
    I know some of the organisers & they are very genuine about promoting athletics in the county. I heard the post race food last year was great & all I know who ran, enjoyed the race.

Fair point on the spelling. It's about the running after all.

I know there are a lot of dedicated people in Wicklow Athletics who work really hard to promote Athletics in the county.

Hopefully it gets a good turn out. I'll be there anyway! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rebel Runner

AJCOT wrote: »
    Thanks for the support! It's run as a fund-raiser for local athletics clubs and we'll do our best to make it a good day for everyone. :)
    Our proof - reader has been sacked and some spelling corrections made to the second batch.
    Keep on running!

Great race today! Very well organised. Great stewarding and a lovely cuppa after.

Well done to all the organisers and participants!

Definately one for the racing diary next year.

(And I got 2 t-shirts!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rebel Runner

annieee wrote: »
    Great race today! Very well organised. Great stewarding and a lovely cuppa after.

Well done to all the organisers and participants!

Definately one for the racing diary next year.

(And I got 2 t-shirts!)
    Thanks for the kind words. So glad you enjoyed it.
    Well done to everyone who took part! Results are up on the race web-site www.reasonstorun5k.com and on www.athleticswicklow.com. Some pictures to follow shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 osaka

I had a fantastic day at this race also. I drove up from Wexford to do it. My first race this year and really enjoyed it. Will definitely look to do it again next year.

It would be great to see some photos from the day. Can someone please put some up on flickr or somewhere??

Yeah! Dying to see photos here too!

Anyone know when/where they will be posted? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement