Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Union Elections

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

That time of year again already!?!?! Thought I'd set up a mega-thread so all election stuff can go in here - including manifesto's etc
    Student Union President - Full time
    Vice President/ Welfare officer -Part time
    Entertainments Officer -Part Time
    Clubs and Societies officer -Part time

In order to vote for the right people you should try to attend the debate and read all candidates Manifestos which will be both emailed to all students and will be displayed on the notice board in the C block.

Any student considering running for election MUST attend an information session which will be held on Tuesday the 20th of April in the boardroom in block F at 10 am. Students who do not attend will be ineligible to run for election.
    I must mention it to Lesleyann, since we have an IRC channel that's never used, maybe we could line up candidates and do a q and a session live? Webchat / Javachat should be able to be used even on campus...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

I'll vote for whoever keeps getting us free ice cream :P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭dueyfinster

donfarrell wrote: »
    I'll vote for whoever keeps getting us free ice cream :P

That would be Lesleyann - who's leaving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Will prob run for Clubs&Socs :)

KonFusion wrote: »
    Got my vote ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Thought about running before, but i really can't be arsed these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

KonFusion wrote: »

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Hey folks, I've decided to run for Clubs & Societies Officer.

My facebook fan page is http://tinyurl.com/y4uf7qc

THANKS! :)

I'll upload a link to my manifesto soon :D:):D

If anyone has any ideas for next year or feedback from this year that could apply to Clubs & Socs next year, please let me know via a private message and I'll include it in the manifesto.

Also this years Clubs & Socs Officer is running for President- Vincent McGrane, so throw him a vote too! :)

Get 'em here!

Thanks Duey! Seen they were sent out in an email but never opened them as I check mail on a mobile device.

Thanks Duey! Seen they were sent out in an email but never opened them as I check mail on a mobile device.

No probs. Sorry I missed the debate!!

• Advertisement

No probs. Sorry I missed the debate!!

All you missed was a heap of stupid and useless questions!

And some girl in the far corner asking ever more ridiculous ones

"The €5 we pay to each Club...... does it go into a big pool or does it go to each individual club?"

WHO CARES?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Block G Raptor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    does it go into a big pool or does it go to each individual club?"

WHO CARES?!?
    Actually a VERY Relevent question seeing as how this was a very grey area this year.
    And by the way that "stupid girl"in the far corner is on the committee of PhotoSoc so I was delighted to hear her ask such a pertinent question. Just because something is not of interest to you does not make it Stupid nor does it make the person asking the questions Stupid.

Actually a VERY Relevent question seeing as how this was a very grey area this year.
    And by the way that "stupid girl"in the far corner is on the committee of PhotoSoc so I was delighted to hear her ask such a pertinent question. Just because something is not of interest to you does not make it Stupid nor does it make the person asking the questions Stupid.

I couldn't give a rats what committee she's on, it was a ridiculous question. If she was on the committee she really should've known by that stage.

The girl kept asking silly questions. Like what is the alternative if some people don't want to go Skiing?

Er... don't go!

I realise she's probably your friend, but it was a silly question. My mother knows the answer to that question and she can't even spell I.T.B. There's no point in defending it!

EDIT: It would be nice if you didn't try to attribute phrases to me which i didn't make. You used quotations right there, i never said what is inside those quotations, no matter what you think i was implying.

I couldn't give a rats what committee she's on, it was a ridiculous question. If she was on the committee she really should've known by that stage.
    It was a Loaded question (an ambush if you will)The Point Being that none of us "Society types" can get a straight answer on this Question. With one breath were told that the money is "ours" to spend on events etc. only for that to be over-ruled and were then told no wait actually members fees are not for the societies to spend but go into a fund for clubs and socs ball etc. It can be very frustrating when trying to budget for events to not know exactly what kind of funding will be available. on the ski trip I agree that the question was pretty craply worded I think she was looking for a more inclusive trip not just exclusively for those interested in skiing

It was a Loaded question (an ambush if you will)The Point Being that none of us "Society types" can get a straight answer on this Question. With one breath were told that the money is "ours" to spend on events etc. only for that to be over-ruled and were then told no wait actually members fees are not for the societies to spend but go into a fund for clubs and socs ball etc. It can be very frustrating when trying to budget for events to not know exactly what kind of funding will be available. on the ski trip I agree that the question was pretty craply worded I think she was looking for a more inclusive trip not just exclusively for those interested in skiing

Indeed, there was too much Pie in the Sky nonsense! Some of the candidates policies were downright ridiculous! And when quizzed on them, their answers ranged from "er...... well i havent looked at that yet" to "er....... i've yet to look at that".

Indeed, there was too much Pie in the Sky nonsense! Some of the candidates policies were downright ridiculous! And when quizzed on them, their answers ranged from "er...... well i havent looked at that yet" to "er....... i've yet to look at that".

I agree there. Looking forward to next year anyway gonna try and make the society self sufficient so I don't have to worry about such nuances

Advertisement