Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Belfast

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Stag do in Belfast next Friday week.
    There's 20 odd lads heading up, mostly from Drogheda/Dublin.

Been a good few years since i went out there.
    Where's good for drinkin n eatin?

I've heard the cathedral quarter's meant to have some good bars/clubs, but we're staying down in Lisburn Rd. near Queens which looks a good bit away.
    Bar Shine/Queens what other modern/trendy spots are down in the University & City Centre area.

Also, need to organise a restaurant for the lot of us on Saturday nite.
    Any recommendations?

thanks a mil dudes!

k:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

BUMP!

So far I've been recommended:

Villa Italia,
    AM : PM
    Cathedral Quarter area

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Uncle Buck

If you are on the Lisburn Road and fancy Indian, you have a choice of The Jharna or the Rajput. Bear in mind the Rajput has not had a revamp since the 80's, but the food is exceptional. Both will not disappoint.

Mexican or Indian would be my preference.
    The Jharna reviews look promising:

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurant_Review-g186470-d1582799-Reviews-The_Jharna-Belfast_Northern_Ireland.html

Just phoned Boojum which is meant to be a good spot.
    The girl says no problem serving 20 lads but they don't hold tables so you just have to land in and hope it's not too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Villa Italia can't be booked so it would be a matter of queuing at the door - 20 lads at the one time might mean you'd be queuing longer than most.

Boojum do cracking burritos but imo wouldn't be the sort of spot to head for a sit down feed. From memory the place has seating for about 24-ish, so you're relying on nobody else being there...

Theres a massive branch of Bengal Brasserie (Indian) on the Lisburn road that I'd imagine would have no problem accomodating a group of 20 and can be booked. When your booking for a Saturday night on the Friday that would be my best bet.

Anywhere round the golden mile (from QUB & the Bot to the city centre) and the cathedral quarter will have enough pubs and clubs to keep most people happy. Also be aware though that the bouncers in Belfast would take a distinctly more "no sh*t" attitude than round Dublin in my experience, especially if a group of 20 lads on a stag shows up. Its not something to put you off - just be aware.

• Advertisement

Villa Italia can't be booked so it would be a matter of queuing at the door - 20 lads at the one time might mean you'd be queuing longer than most.

Boojum do cracking burritos but imo wouldn't be the sort of spot to head for a sit down feed. From memory the place has seating for about 24-ish, so you're relying on nobody else being there...

Theres a massive branch of Bengal Brasserie (Indian) on the Lisburn road that I'd imagine would have no problem accomodating a group of 20 and can be booked. When your booking for a Saturday night on the Friday that would be my best bet.

Anywhere round the golden mile (from QUB & the Bot to the city centre) and the cathedral quarter will have enough pubs and clubs to keep most people happy. Also be aware though that the bouncers in Belfast would take a distinctly more "no sh*t" attitude than round Dublin in my experience, especially if a group of 20 lads on a stag shows up. Its not something to put you off - just be aware.

Cheers, didn't think that Boojum place was that small. the girl didn't mention that. Will lookup this Begnali place so...
    Just wanna secure somewhere, where we can eat, drink and chill for a bit without been rushed in and out and hanging around for tables.

Can totally imagine what the bouncers are like. They're like that in Dublin though too. worse probably.
    was @ a stag in Edinburgh before and it was the same ****e...
    even if we spilt into groups of 3 they were on to us.

Thanks anyway.
    ck

http://belfastmedia.com/food/?p=1792

Lisburn Rd. Bengal now in Administration...
    Is it still open?!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

As far as I know its still operating. The other group restaurants are all still flat to the mat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 AudreyLOL

I love the food at The Grill Room and Bar.:pac:

Think we booked into AM : PM on Arthur St.
    Most heads wanted a City Centre location
    The Bengal Brasserie on Lisburn Rd. was 15/20 minutes walk from Queens apparently?? :confused:
    anyhow roll on Friday.... woop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement