Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Tyre

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭

Hey all

the tyre of my bike got stolen on Sunday night. i was wondering where the best place in the city to get a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

europa cycles accross from the cathedral is where I got a new tyre when mine was bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

They only took the tyre?

That's some very specific thieving.

Probably would have been easier to seal the bike than the tyre!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

Just the tire or the whole wheel?

There's a bike shop right past the Dunnes on Headford that I got my tires at.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

Nigel's Cycle Store - http://www.nigelscycles.com/

Staff are sound, you should get your wheel in there. Not sure if they have wheels for a high nelly a mhac. :D
    high nelly.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

they took the front wheel, i had the chain wrapped round the bike and back wheel.

thanks for the ideas will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

On Yer Bike on Bohermore are sound as well

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Try Nigels - the staff are excellent in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Buy the wheel, tube and tyre online and fix it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Try Nigels - the staff are excellent in there.

Not in my experience, I was treated like badly in there last year (before they moved), wouldn't go near them ever again, plus they are expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

snubbleste wrote: »
    Buy the wheel, tube and tyre online and fix it yourself

And from experience wait about 5 - 6 days for stuff to arrive or pop to a local bike store, Nigels, Kearneys and get it done immediately for a little more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

they took the front wheel, i had the chain wrapped round the bike and back wheel.

thanks for the ideas will do.

That sucks. I knew bikes could get stolen in Galway, but I didn't think piecemeal theft was much of an issue here.

I lived in San Francisco for a while, and that was a nightmare - they'd snatch anything that wasn't locked in place - wheels, bike seat, etc. I once came back to find my light stolen!

Advertisement