Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outtex

• 14-04-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi again,

Im using stata for my econometrical analysis, also I will be using the outtex command to get my tables in latex form.

What im wondering is there anyway to get it to produce tables for
    different regressions together??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Yeah, there are at least two ways.

The first is to simply take the outtex output for each regression and copy and paste the bits you want into a new, bigger table. A text editor that allows you select columns of text will make this much easier. It's not a very elegant method to get it to work but you don't have to learn anything new, either.

The alternative is to use est2vec to store several regression outputs and then use est2tex to create the table for you. To install this, enter the command findit est2tex into Stata. The guide on how to use it is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

Yeah, there are at least two ways.

The first is to simply take the outtex output for each regression and copy and paste the bits you want into a new, bigger table. A text editor that allows you select columns of text will make this much easier. It's not a very elegant method to get it to work but you don't have to learn anything new, either.

The alternative is to use est2vec to store several regression outputs and then use est2tex to create the table for you. To install this, enter the command findit est2tex into Stata. The guide on how to use it is here.

Nice one , think ill go with the first way dont really have the time to
    learn the new way.

chave wrote: »
    Nice one , think ill go with the first way dont really have the time to
    learn the new way.

Grand, you're welcome :)

Grand, you're welcome :)

hi again,

I was just wondering how to get outtex going?

i typed in the "ssc inst outtex" command into the stata command

and then proceeded to run my do file with

"outtex, lab level legend nonew details"

following one of my regressions as a test
    but stata said----

connection timed out -- see help r(2) for troubleshooting
    http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/bocode/o/ either
    1) is not a valid URL, or
    2) could not be contacted, or
    3) is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

Am i doing this correctly or what??? :(:(:(

BTW im using STATA 8 for windows in UCD

• Advertisement

Bad news. The UCD network is probably stopping you from accessing the protocol. Unless you have your own copy of Stata, or have access to somebody with it who can install outtex on their own machine, you're unlikely to be able to get it running. However what you might be able to do is manually download the files (typically a couple of .ado files) and place them in the appropriate folder in UCD, then seeing if it runs with them there.

Advertisement