Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards €1 last man standing challenge

Options
  • 14-04-2010 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭

Saw this on another forum, thought it might be a laugh

Everyone starts with €1 - you must bet on anything which is ~evens, say maybe 1.75 or higher anyway.

You must use all of your winnings as you would in accumulator for each bet - ie you can't take any money out

If you win 20 in a row you will make over €1m

Lets see who can keep going the longest, or who will bitch out after a decent run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Everyone to post in here? That will get very messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I'm definitely up for it for the laugh.
    This could be the thread for it, would get messy but there's no other way really!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The other forum I saw it on had a spreadsheet set up somehow, I'm sure we will be able to follow it, maybe if people copied + pasted their entire history from first bet into each new post so you could see where people are without looking through the entire thread?

Will really start to get interesting if someone wins 5 or more, I'm sure a few will just disappear and keep their winnings

The other forum I saw it on had a spreadsheet set up somehow, I'm sure we will be able to follow it, maybe if people copied + pasted their entire history from first bet into each new post so you could see where people are without looking through the entire thread?

Will really start to get interesting if someone wins 5 or more, I'm sure a few will just disappear and keep their winnings

Ya couldn't blame them
    20 wins and you're a millionaire? I find that hard to believe really although it's probably mathematically spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Doocey wrote: »
    Ya couldn't blame them
    20 wins and you're a millionaire? I find that hard to believe really although it's probably mathematically spot on!

20 wins in a row, mathematically the odds are one in a million (ish) that this will happen though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think we've tried this before - its sounds so easy if you say it quickly 20 short priced wins and your are a millionaire. I'll give it a go.

I'll defo try it, but well it would need to be worked right so everything is kept in order and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I'm in

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

In also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

I'm up for it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Go on then. Whats the story on time, how often do we need to make a bet? As often as we like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

i'll have a punt at that too, €1 x 20 bets = 1m, how bad :)

Just out of curiosity what is 1.75 as a fraction, you know like you'd see in Paddy Power

3/4.

CoalBucket wrote: »
    i'll have a punt at that too, €1 x 20 bets = 1m, how bad :)

Just out of curiosity what is 1.75 as a fraction, you know like you'd see in Paddy Power

You can change your view to decimals if you'd rather.

So are we gonna try get everyone to start together then work away on their own or have a sorta schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I'd be on for this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Friday start for this? Plenty of footie and rugby to get stuck in to.
    Can the bet be for more than one event - ie say a double or treble to reach even money.

mike65 wrote: »
    Friday start for this? Plenty of footie and rugby to get stuck in to.
    Can the bet be for more than one event - ie say a double or treble to reach even money.

Yeah,in other challenges like this I've seen,it can be any number of things as long as its circa EVS money

I'm liking the sound of it, especially the 20 wins and you're a millionaire part although I'm sure Paddy's or others will suspend ya well before ya hit the ten thousands mark! :D

• Advertisement

So would it kept to football and rubgy, or everything and anything?

As mike suggested Friday would be a good starting point, as I can see me doing most of my football bets being LoI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

sounds good ha:)

I know the suggestion was to start on Friday but I love the ould darts. I have put down the first of my million euro winning bets :) Simon "The Wizard" Whitlock to beat the Ray Barneveld @ 2.25
    So it's either Last Man Standing or First Man Out !

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Simon "The Wizard" Whitlock to beat the Ray Barneveld @ 2.25

The Wizard almost left me down. After storming to a 6-1 lead in a best of 14 match, Barney started to fight back and nearly snatched a draw.With Whitlock 7-6 up Barney had 2 darts at double 8 to salvage a draw. Barney missed leaving Whitlock to check out an un-orthodox 68, missing treble 20 and hitting fat 1 instead, but held it together hitting treble 17 and double 8.

1 down 19 to go. :)

I'd say we start off with at least one bet every weekend (say Thurs to Sun), but not an absolute rule. If we start getting people winning 6 or 7 (not the most likely) they can hold off for longer as it is much larger amounts at stake. Imagine having €256k to put on an evens bet. You would be shitting it. In all honesty I would probably bitch out at 12/13 i'd imagine (€5k/10k)

Oh and we should leave it open to any sport, or any thing you can bet on whatsoever really

How would we work it, say set up a separate thread each week, and basically two comments per person, 1 to show the bet and the other to say how it done and what it returned, then set up a second thread, and so on...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Right so my first is a double. Inter to beat Juventus at home and Leinster to beat Ospreys at home. Both tomorrow night. Odds are 2.1 for the double.

I'll give it a shot.

2:40 Newbury - Cheveton - €1 @ 7/1

No harm starting with something above Evens i suppose.

• Advertisement

Here's mine for today.I dunno about 1 bet a weekend,especially with most of the leagues finishing up soon.Anyways

1 Arles @ 1/1 v Guincamp
    Stake: 1.00 Single
    Potential Winnings: 1.00

Advertisement